[Ponte Alto] Mead question

neacalban1 at aol.com neacalban1 at aol.com
Sat Mar 20 18:57:47 PDT 2010

Andy,
        it wasn't really on my radar until I started reading both the official site, and several related sites. I've not been to anything bigger than Chalice or the Kingdom archery shoot,both weekend things, and I certainly wasn't thinking about stuff like that then. SCA certainly doesn't strike me as a likely place for such, but with 10,000 people you might get a few dodgy ones. I was working a bike show in NYC years ago when the vendor behind me tried to steal a t-shirt I'd bought,by sliding it through the partition.he purportedly had to get into our display to check his electrical connections,which may have been true,and he took advantage.I noted it had disappeared, and went around the other side,finding it had been moved, and I knew he'd done it. watching out for the public trying to lift stuff was bad enough,but a fellow vendor was maybe worse.
      I accept one shouldn't get overly attached to anything material,and if it's that important one should leave it home.I'm just trying to find out what the risks might be,real or perceived.
Tselmeg