[Ponte Alto] Mead question

Jeffrey French jcfrench at mac.com
Fri Mar 19 11:17:34 PDT 2010

Oh, there is a certain splendor to using the power of suction and the
principals of gravity and fluid dynamics.

Put the vessel on the counter or table.
Connect the tube to the cane....
Fill the tube and Cane with liquid (water would work, though you could suck
on it like a straw if you like)
Then, sealing the tube end (I use my thumb),
pop the cane into the vessel.
hold the end of the tube bellow the level of the counter
Put a bottle on the end of the tube
remove your thumb.

And away you go.

Really, don't fill it much past the base of the neck.

You can squish the tube to stop the flow, or lift it to about the level of
the liquid in your vessel, but if you loose the liquid in the tube... you
have to start again.

This isn't rocket science, it's just brew.

Relax. (That's what the book says, it's the technical manual... Relax).

-Jurgen