[Ponte Alto] Night on the Town this weekend

Sarah Toich barjavel at verizon.net
Tue Mar 30 13:25:19 PDT 2010

Night on the Town
April 02- 04, 2010
Barony of Lochmere

The weather promises to be wonderful 80 degrees and Sunny!!!!!!

The year is 1628, and the peasants are revolting! Four years after being
named Chief Minister to Louis XIII, the Red Eminence, Cardinal Richelieu is
seeking to steal the landed nobility¹s power and foment unrest overseas.
George Villiers¹, 1st Duke of Buckingham, life is in your hands. The day
dawns with the forces of the King (under the Blue tabards) facing off
against the forces of the Cardinal (in the Red Tabards). When eve falls, who
will reign supreme?

Martial Activities: Atlantia¹s Premier Rapier Event is here. A day of
melees, you will be fighting as one of the two sides for victory at the
Battle of LaRochelle. All fighting will be rapier with combat archery for
certain pre-set scenarios. Because of the open nature of the fighting, no
combat archery will occur outside of the scenarios. Fighter authorizations
will begin at 9am.

Arts & Sciences: Teachers in the Arts & Sciences will be on-hand to educate
non-combatants in their particular fields. This is a wonderful ³Try before
you buy² opportunity. Instructions and sources will be given without cost to
participants. Class size is limited though so sign up early at the Troll.

Cost:

Adult, Members: $13.00 Day Trip, $8.00 Feast, $5.00 Cabin space

Adult, Non-members: $16.00 Day Trip, $8.00 Feast , $5.00 Cabin space

Youth, 6­17: $7.00 Day Trip, $8.00 Feast, $3.00 Cabin space

Children, 0- 5: $0.00 Day Trip, $0.00 Feast, $0.00 Cabin space

Make Checks Payable To: SCA, Inc., Barony of Lochmere

Cost Notes: If you pre-register you get a dollar discount for the event

Site: Elks Camp Barrett, 1001 Chesterfield Rd., Annapolis, MD 21401.

Site Restrictions: Site Opens at 5pm Friday and closes at 10am Sunday. Site
is wet. No Pets. Cabins are bunk style. A shower house is available. Camping
is available at no costs.

Autocrat's Information: Padre Quinto Formaggio (Raymond Kelso), 10962
Trotting Ridge Way, Columbia, MD 21044, Phone: (410) 300-4332, E-mail:
sabiduria60606[AT]yahoo.com

Reservations: Mistress Arianna Morgan (Chris Stuermer), 405 Arundel Rd.,
Tracy's Landing, MD 20779, Phone: (410) 286-8108

Directions:
>From the West (in MD): Take the best route to Rt 32 East to I-97 South. From
I-97 take Exit 5, Rt 178/Crownsville. At the light, Rt 178 goes straight and
also goes to the left. Continue straight on Rt 178 South for approx 1.8
miles. At the light, turn right onto Crownsville Rd. Continue for approx 1
mile and turn right onto Hawkins Rd (there is a sign for Elks Camp Barrett).
Continue for approx 1.8 miles. At the bottom of the hill, go thru the stop
sign to enter the Camp. From the North: Take best route to I-97 South to
Exit 5 and follow directions above for those coming from the West.

>From the South: From the Capital Beltway (I-495), take Exit 19A Rt 50 East
to Exit 23 Rt 450/Parole. Take Rt 450 West and turn left at the light in
front of Annapolis Mall (this is still Rt. 450). Continue approx 2 miles.
Turn right at the light onto Crownsville Rd. After .5 mile there will be a
blue sign for Elks Camp Barrett. Take a left onto Chesterfield Rd and go
approx 1.4 miles. The site is on your left.