[Ponte Alto] Pennsic

JLM akgnome at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 6 09:15:09 PST 2010

Tselmeg,

No one expects first-timers to have everything perfect.  And if you're heart is set on a ger, it would be better to get a large nylon tent for now, and save up to get a nice, well-constructed ger in a few years, perhaps when you have more storage space for it as well.  There are very few encampments that require everyone in the camp to have 'period' supplies.  The Barony is NOT one of them.  There are many people who have been going to Pennsic for years and continue to use nylon tents, because, quite frankly, they are easier to store and set up than most period tents.

An 'encampment' is simply a fancier word for the camp you are staying with.  If you choose to camp with a group, you are a member of that encampment.  Nothing more to it than that...

Catalina