[Ponte Alto] Hailing the Barony of Ponte Alto

Max Nelson maxntropy at att.net
Mon Apr 26 13:13:45 PDT 2010

As a recent émigré my opinion might be deemed less valuable... But most of
the goings-on happen in or quite close to Falls Church (e.g., business
meetings, fighter practices, fencing practice, etc...).  Some of the active
folks are across the river in DC and continuously test their mettle against
traffic, though a lot of the more involved folks are in Falls Church,
Alexandria, Arlington/Ballston, Fairfax, and some are more out towards the
Reston/Herndon area.

There's a lot of carpooling going on (enabled by some processes in place)
and there are folks who come in by metro and get picked-up at the station
with their armour by some friendly and helpful folks.  A lot of the towns
(e.g., Alexandria, Arlington, Falls Church, Fairfax) are actually quite
large and consequently have a pretty good range of types of neighborhoods
and housing types (depending on wants, needs, and socio-economic situation).

As a frame of reference, I lived in Falls Church right off Route-7/Leesburg
Pike and near the Alexandria border -- a 5.7 mile jaunt down a single road
from the Thursday and Sunday fighter practice sites.  On non-busy weekends I
could make the trip in about 10 minutes or less.  On busy weeknights it
would average about 30 minutes and has taken as long as an hour (on a single
surface street within the same town).

Hope that proves of some helpfulness!

In service,

Max Von Halstern (esquire errant)

On 4/26/10 1:55 PM, "J. M. Schneider" <grimkirk at runbox.com> wrote:

> To all and singular do these greetings come, from Grimkirk ap Greymoor.
>
> A recent portent indicates an imminent journey from the temperamental shores
> of the Inland Sea, deep within the heart of the Dragon Realm, so that I may
> toil in the service of a new Master across the Ponte Alto, on the shores of
> the Mighty Kingdom of Atlantia. Understandably, such a sojourn will require
> that I move my estate to a new castle within your protectorate.
>
> Your community is widely known to be comprised of many (generous) others who
> have made similar journeys (for similar reasons), and is renown for its
> generosity in guiding others to save haven. And so, not being familiar with
> your lands, I would seek both wise and sage counsel and guidance in surveying
> the area for a locale suitable to my needs.
>
> <Translation>
> Hi all, new job in DC, likely moving from Chicago soon. Could use some
> help/recommendations finding neighborhood(s) to look in that won't be too
> distant from mid-week goings ons while enabling me to commute, nor break the
> bank (probably the greater challenge).
>
> Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
> </Translation>
>
> In Service, Community and Fellowship,
>
> -- Grimkirk
> mka
> Michael Schneider
> Evanston, IL

maxnelson
vice president, strategic marketing intelligence
maxnelson at zadv.com
954.644.4280 direct
954.644.6280 fax
703.577.0003 cell