[Ponte Alto] Chalice of the Sun God: Outstaring the Medusa -- Calling all performers and artisans

Belphoebe belfebe at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 22 05:17:32 PDT 2010

Greetings!

As you may probably remember, on October 22-24, 2010, we will be holding Chalice of the Sun God VII: Outstaring the Medusa, in our Barony of Ponte Alto. And as you may also recall, like we do each year, there will be acompetition to select this year's Chalice Performer and Chalice Artisan.

What is the prize?  Bragging rights and lots of chocolate, of course!

And knowing that preparing a good performance or a good A&S entry takes time, we have given the theme of the competition in advance:  The legend of Perseus and the Medusa.

Today we are reminding folks of the theme, and also that any element that may relate to the legend works.  Snakes, hairdos, shields, mirrors, travel (hey, Perseus had to travel to get to Medusa, you know), gorgons, stone, statues, weapons, beauty and beauty products, jewelry and just about anything even remotely related to the elements of the legend work.  Take a look at the story and get creative.  (Someone mentioned snakes on a boat.  Don't ask.)

Here is a link to a brief description of the legend, but feel free to do more research.  You never know what other elements you can find.

http://www.online-mythology.com/perseus_medusa/

So what are you waiting for?  Get working and see you in October!

Yours in Service,

Belphoebe
Your Friendly Neighborhood Chalice A&S Coordinator