[Ponte Alto] question about the Zoo event

Rich Manzano rich_manzano at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 19 08:03:15 PDT 2010

For folks who have been to this event before or have a good line to the Storvik organizers.

What's the Zoo's rule on stage weapons for an event like this? Since I probably won't be fully kitted to do the rattan fighting demo (and it's probably be more impressive for the crowd to watch our more senior fighters going at it for extended bouts than a couple of n00bs being dispatched in under 5 seconds) I was considering turning out in my Hospitaller gear and chatting with the crowd about the Middle Ages, the Crusades and what all this other stuff is that we were demonstrating. But I don't want to be tasered by the Park Police for wearing a small belt knife or freak somebody out because they don't know the longsword I'd be carrying is a stage blade and blunter than a butter knife. Nor do I want to get the SCA in any trouble since this sounds like an event we want to continue to support.

So what are the "do's and don'ts"?

Tancred