[Ponte Alto] Lochmere Baronial Birthday this weekend!!!!!

Sarah Toich barjavel at verizon.net
Mon Sep 21 21:12:26 PDT 2009

Lochmere Baronial Birthday
September 25-27, 2009
Elks Camp Barrett
1001 Chesterfield Rd
 Annapolis, MD 21401

         Join Lochmere as we celebrate turning 21! Who Hoo- does this mean
we are legal? Archery, Heavy Fighting, Rapier Music and Hands on Arts! We
have so much to offer this weekend, please join us and play.

For the heavy fighters: the day¹s fighting will consist of four single
elimination tournaments fought with each the following weapons styles:
weapon and shield, two weapon, great weapon, and pole arm. The Kingdom Earl
Marshal has granted a request to experiment with a day authorization so
fighters may fight in all the tourneys.  Weapons and appropriate armor will
be available to those fighters who wish to compete.  Fights during each
round of each tournament may be fought either in the open field or at a
barrier.  Fights may also be fought to the death or three counted blows.
The overall winner of the tournament will be that fighter who performs the
best in all four tournaments.  Lochmere¹s Baronial Heavy champion will be
that Lochmeri who performs the best in all four tournaments.

For the Rapier fighters a Rapier Triad Melee Tournament. This will start
with fighters receiving tactical instruction from Master Alan Gravesend,
Provost and THL Giacomo Vincente, Provost. After instruction, and practice
teams of three will fight in a Tournament to determine the best triad. Their
Excellencies, Baron Dominick Elphinstone, and Baroness Margery Winterbourne
will be choosing their new Rapier Champion after reviewing the days
fighting.

 An archery shoot and Arts and Science activities will round out the day¹s
competitive events. A&S activities include a Bardic competition Saturday
evening around the fire circle, both period and Filk; and A&S competitions
including but not limited to: ³best item from the 14th c.,² "something made
of cloth that is small, fun and could be period,² and "something preserved."

 An Artisan¹s Row is planned, please contact Mistress Caitlyn
(caitlin_ennis at yahoo.com) if you are interested in participating or have any
questions. There will, of course, be performances by Lochmere¹s music
groups.

Its time to clean out your SCA closets.  Lochmart is opening its doors at
Baronial Birthday!  For those of you who have not had the ³Lochmart
Experience²Š Lochmart is our annual SCA yard sale.   If you have any
SCA/period-esque items that you no longer need or want, deliver your items
to the site no later than 9:00 a.m., Saturday morning (September 26th) .
Items should be clean, in good repair, and labeled with the asking price and
your initials.  Clothing items should be on hangers.  You may keep the money
for any items sold or donate all or some to the baronial coffers.

Lochmart hours of operation will be 10:00 a.m. to approximately 3:30 p.m.
³Management² is not responsible for any items not claimed after closing.  If
you wish to donate any items to the loaner closet, please let us know in
advance.

Feast Information: A feast will be prepared by Mistress Keilyn Fitzwarren
please direct any inquiries to her at e.morris.tanner at gmail.com.

Please refer to the information below for fees, directions, and contact
information.
Cost:
Adult, Member: $ 11.00 Day-Trip / $ 8.00 Feast / $ 5.00 Cabin Fee/ $4.00
Camping fee.
Adult, Non-Member: $ 14.00 Day-Trip / $ 8.00 Feast / $ 5.00 Cabin Fee/ $4.00
Camping fee
Child (5-17): $ 6.00 Day-Trip / $ 8.00 Feast / $ 3.00 Cabin Fee/$2.00
Camping fee
Child (0-4): $ 0.00 Day Trip/ Feast / Cabin Fee/ Camping fee

Please include your mundane and SCA names and address with reservations and
please inform the reservationist if you plan to have a child 4 or under who
requires cabin or feast space so we may plan accordingly. Reservations: Make
Checks Payable To - SCA Inc, Barony of Lochmere. Please mail reservations to
Baroness Medb ingen Brain/ Lynda Assur 1225 Johnson Road, Shady Side, MD
20764. Phone: 410‹867-2313.  Email: medbingenbrain at comcast.net

Site Address: Elks Camp Barrett, 1001 Chesterfield Rd, Annapolis, MD 21401.
Site will open at 5pm Friday, September 25 and will close 11 AM Sunday,
September 27, 2009.

Site Restrictions: The site is wet. No pets, except for service animals.
Cabins are bunk style and a shower house is nearby. Pavilion camping is
allowed, but we ask no modern tents, as cabins are available.

Merchants: You are welcome, but please no modern looking structures (i.e.
blue tarps). Send field space requests to the autocrat.

Autocrat: Duchess Simone de Barjavel (Sarah Toich) 7388 Sweet Clover
Columbia, MD 21045, 410-290-3961, E-mail: Barjavel at verizon.net.

Directions:
>From the West (in MD): Take the best route to Route 32 East to I-97 South.
>From I-97 take Exit 5, Route 178/Crownsville. At the light off Route 32,
Route 178 goes straight and also goes to the left. Continue straight on
Route 178 South for approx 1.8 miles. At the light, turn right onto
Crownsville Rd. Continue for approx 1 mile and turn right onto Hawkins Rd
(there is a sign for Elks Camp Barrett). Continue for approx 1.8 miles. At
the bottom of the hill, go thru the stop sign to enter the Camp.

>From the North: Take best route to I-97 South to Exit 5 and follow
directions above for those coming from the West.

>From the South: From the Capital Beltway (I-495), take Exit 19A Route 50
East to Exit 23 Route 450/Parole. Take Route 450 West and turn left at the
light in front of Annapolis Mall (this is still Rt. 450). Continue approx 2
miles. Turn right at the light onto Crownsville Rd. After 0.5 mile there
will be a blue sign for Elks Camp Barrett. Take a left onto Chesterfield Rd
and go approx 1.4 miles. The site is on your left.

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION!!!!!!!!!

This is one of the weekends of the Maryland Ren Faire and I've included
alternate directions to avoid Faire traffic...

>From the North, West and East:

Take your best route to the I-97/ Hwy 3/ Hwy 32 intersection. Go South on
Maryland Hwy 3 for approx. 2 miles past the intersection and turn left on
St. Stephen¹s Church Road. In 7/10 of a mile bear right to stay on St.
Stephen¹s Church Road. Follow St. Stephen¹s Church Road for approx 3.5 more
miles and make a left turn onto Chesterfield Road. The site, ELKS CAMP
BARRETT will be about 7/10 of a mile on your right.

>From the South via 95. Take 95 North to Hwy 32 East (Exit #38 Fort Meade).
Take 32 East to the I-97/ Hwy 3/ Hwy 32 intersection. Go South on Maryland
Hwy 3 for approx. 2 miles past the intersection and turn left on St.
Stephen¹s Church Road.  In 7/10 of a mile bear right to stay on St.
Stephen¹s Church Road. Follow St. Stephen¹s Church Road for approx 3.5 more
miles and make a left turn onto Chesterfield Road. The site, ELKS CAMP
BARRETT will be about 7/10 of a mile on your right.

>From the South via Hwy 3. Take Hwy 3 North past the intersection at Waugh
Chapel Road. Begin watching for St. Stephen¹s Church Road. Make a right turn
onto St. Stephen¹s Church Road. In 7/10 of a mile bear right to stay on St.
Stephen¹s Church Road. Follow St. Stephen¹s Church Road for approx 3.5 more
miles and make a left turn onto Chesterfield Road. The site, ELKS CAMP
BARRETT will be about 7/10 of a mile on your right.

>From the East via 450 (Defense Hwy). Be warned that this route will take you
closest to the Faire and may have heavier traffic. Take 450 west past
Crownsville Road. Approx. 2 miles past Crownsville Road turn right onto St.
Stephen¹s Church Road. Turn right onto Chesterfield Road. The site, ELKS
CAMP BARRETT will be about 7/10 of a mile on your right.