[Ponte Alto] Arming Coat & Other Armor Questions

William Muirheid mondor.winchester at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 11:21:21 PDT 2009

Greetings All,

The Tournament of the Lilly is giving me an excuse to work on
upgrading my fighting kit to be a bit more authentic looking than what
I am currently wearing.  My target persona is a turn of the century,
1380's to 1410, English man-at-arms who has a bit of experience in the
Med and Asia Minor.  However, in the past I have spent money on some
piece of equipment that sounded like a good idea at the time but ended
just did not working for me.  So having learned, eventually, from
these experiences I have decided to try on clothing and armor before I
buy them.  At the very least I would like to see an example fo the
clothing/equipment and confirm that it will work for my fighting style
and persona.

I am looking at acquiring a brigantine, an arming coat, and/or
pourpoint and would like to try on different versions/makes to see
what works best for me.  Does anyone going to Chalice this weekend
have an arming coat that they would recommend and might be able to
bring to the tournament with them?  The same question goes for a brig.

Your Servant
William de Mont d'Or