[Ponte Alto] Tidings

Max Nelson maxntropy at att.net
Wed Oct 28 15:03:10 PDT 2009

Friends:

As I believe most of you are aware, I have spent the past year
striving to find gainful employ within our local economy.

True to my nature as perhaps one of the more epic (or perhaps tragic
or comic, depending on your perspective, of course) squire errants of
our Society, it is apparently not to be so -- since I seem to need to
move Kingdoms every three to four years whether I want to or not.

I have finally been offered (and just accepted) a job as the Vice
President of Strategic Marketing Intelligence working directly for the
President and the CEO of one of the top ten to fifteen largest
advertising agencies in the country -- which is unfortunately down in
the fiery depths of Trimaris (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

On the positive side, it is an absolutely fantastic opportunity in a
truly beautiful (though goddawful sunny and humid -- particularly for
us redheads) city where a bunch of my family lives -- with the added
benefit that I won't be homeless, unemployed and in abject poverty.
On the negative side, it's in Trimaris and not with all y'all here in
Ponte Alto and Atlantia.

I fervently and deeply wish that it were possible for me to stay and
continue to enjoy the tremendous comradeship and fantastic esprit that
we have developed together and to help continue to provide whatever
small leadership and training support my skills might enable so as to
help continue to move things forward... but sadly the fates have not
willed it so.

Working with and being a part of our Scholum, Unit, and Army has been
one of the most rewarding and fun experiences I could imagine, and I
thank you all for helping make it happen.  All our accomplishments and
achievements are yours, and I am humbled and grateful to have been a
part of what you all have done together.  It is my sincere wish and
hope that you will all continue this work to keep making it happen for
yourselves and for our great Kingdom.

I look forward to visiting and seeing you all often at events and on
the field -- and who knows.... I've come back to Atlantia, before!

Always in friendship and service,

Max Von Halstern