[Ponte Alto] A call for a little volunteering

Nicole E. Miller schnauzer2 at cox.net
Tue Oct 27 11:26:17 PDT 2009

Good Gentles of fair Atlantia,

The drums of war have sounded and gone, and now has come the time for tournament and pageantry before our winter sleeps. The Barony of Ponte Alto's Tournament of the Lily is fast approaching. As the Herald-in-charge it is my duty to ensure that the mighty and gallant combatants do not go without proper announcement and flair of entrance.

Each combatant must have in his or her entourage, a herald to announce the deeds and titles of said fighter to the all that be assembled. In order to assure that no one is turned away for not being properly announced I am asking for some volunteers to be "rental" heralds in case the fighters chosen herald is unable to attend (the plague is about) or any fighter cannot procure their own.

The only requirement for this assistance is a loud voice and a desire to make the splendor and pageantry better for all. You will be free to negotiate your own "terms of employment" (we have suggestions if you are unsure). Heralds will be needed for the processional at the start of the tourney and likely in the again in the final round or so.

So please drop me a line (herald AT pontealto.atlantia.sca.org) if you will be attending Tournament of the Lily (Nov 13-15) and can volunteer some time. Even if you can only help out at the start of the tourney I welcome your help.

In Service,
Lady Sian verch Gwilim
Herald, Barony of Ponte Alto