[Ponte Alto] Tourney of the Lily, now with rapier fighting!

egeorges at cox.net egeorges at cox.net
Mon Oct 12 08:58:32 PDT 2009

Greetings Pontoons!

Tourney of the Lily is about a month away, and i wanted to let everybody know of a very exciting development....

After getting a chance to tour Camp 5 and laying out the tourney, we realize we have ample space to accommodate rapier activities onsite and still maintain the atmosphere of an authentic Pas de Armes.  Domynyk Wolfram has agreed to organize a day of rapier melee scenarios and perhaps a cut and thrust workshop (he will be sending out details of his plans separately.)  I'm very excited about this, because I was a little disappointed I couldn't offer anything to the rapier community at this event, and I am glad that we were able to change that.

Also, it's time to start thinking about volunteer opportunities!  We have a number of different tasks that need doing, and many hands make light work.  I need volunteers for the following activities:

-- Set up (3 or 4 people on Friday night)
-- Clean up (3 or 4 people Sunday morning)
-- parking facilitation (3 people on Saturday until probably about 1 p.m.)
-- waterbearing (2 people during the day on Saturday)

If you are interested in any of these opportunities, please drop me an email at scalucia at cox.net

Also, performers!  There will be a performer's hour at 1:30 p.m. -- don't forget to sign up for your slot!  All kinds of entertainers are welcome!

The event is getting close and i hope that all of our fighters are getting excited about the opportunity to get out and strut their stuff.

Any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

In Service,

Luce Antony Venus
Autocrat, Tourney of the Lily