[Ponte Alto] Archery night?

Karen Miller mill3rs at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 23 12:19:34 PST 2009

Hi Gabbie,
I'll respond on list in case anyone else is interested too!

During the late spring/summer/early fall months, we do shoot archery on Monday nights outdoors, weather permitting.  We are in the process of finding a new outdoor site for next year.  Our switch usually occurs with the daylight savings time - as it's darker after that in the evenings and harder to shoot outdoors.

For the late fall, winter & early spring time - read this as cold weather, we shoot indoors, Friday nights at the Bull Run Shooting Center  (http://www.nvrpa.org/parks/bullrunshooting/).   That website should have hours, directions, etc.  They also have closures due to weather & holidays on that site... and unfortunately they close often due to weather.  The biggest drawback for shooting indoors is that they only have up to 20 yard targets.  It is warm, carpeted and has couches for people who just want to come and socialize while we shoot.  Our first people usually get there around 4:30 and we stay until they
kick us out... I mean until it closes, then we usually go out to dinner
together.

Join us!  We love to have new people - and we have loaner gear if you don't have your own equipment and a number of people who love to teach!

Brigid