[Ponte Alto] Newcomer greetings and introduction

Emma West ewestsca at gmail.com
Fri May 15 12:38:00 PDT 2009

Hi Gefroi
  Great to see you on the mailing list.  The next local event that's coming
up besides Sapphire is Highland River Melee on June 6th. That would be a
really good low key event to bring your wife and children to.  Here is the
url to website.
http://acorn.atlantia.sca.org/event_flyer.php?event_id=cdaee90d

Can't wait to finally put a face to the emails.

--
Lady Emma West
Chatelaine of Ponte Alto

Unto the fair Barony of Ponte Alto, I offer warm greetings.
?
Permit me to introduce myself.? I am Seigneur (Lord) Gefoi le Gris? (the
first name is pronounced "Jef -? rwah",? although I have been known to
answer to "hey, stupid" on occasion).? I just arrived here from the Shire of
Phoenix Glade in the kingdom of Meridies as a result of my mundane life
re-locating me. I actually grew up in this area, but this is my first time
participating in Atlantia.? I am planning on attending fighter practice this
weekend and look forward to meeting new people as well as crossing swords,
and improving my skill with this new?(to me) group of fighters. ?
?
My interests in the SCA include:? Heavy fighting (various weapons), court
and field heraldry, metal casting, brewing, stained glass, and some minor
armouring.
?
In my previous group I served as Chatelain, deputy herald, and deputy knight
marshall. As such, service is another interest of mine.
?
Mundanely, My name is Andy Hoeffler. I am a nurse in the US Air Force and am
in the area to attend school for my master's degree. I am married (to a
nurse) and have 5 children ranging from 2 years old to 17.? My wife does not
currently play in the SCA, but I am gradually breaking down her will. Any
assistance by the local populous in turning her to our wonderful way of life
will be greatly appreciated.
?
Until good fortune brings me to your company, I remain:
?
Yours in Service,
?
Seigneur Gefroi le Gris
Protege to Mistress Odindisa Eaglesdottir.