[Ponte Alto] Tournament of Love & Beauty

snoleopard4 at aol.com snoleopard4 at aol.com
Wed Feb 4 08:05:06 PST 2009

Just a quick reminder that the Tournament of Love and Beauty is coming up in a few weeks.  Get your reservations in early, this is one you don't want to miss!

Tournament of Love and Beauty
February 28, 2009
Barony of Ponte Alto

It’s France, the 15th century, the time of the Hundred Years’ War. The French nobles are torn; do they give their loyalty to the distant English King who already rules part of France from London, or the French King in Paris? Which King will give them the most independence over their own lands?

During this hard time there are brief moments of non-fighting. Come join us in the Barony of Ponte Alto and enjoy a day of peace before war breaks out again. A country faire atmosphere will cover the area. There will be some fighting of course, but only for the most honorable of causes, Love and Beauty. We will also have a non-judged display for your A&S projects – finished and in progress. Come display and discuss your works with the populace. Bring your musical instruments to entertain and instruct.

Food will abound. A warming luncheon of soups and accompaniments will be sold for $5.00 a plate and a fabulous French feast for 100 will be prepared by Baroness Graciela for the evening repast.

Martial Activities: Armored and rapier fighting will take place in the Equestrian Barn throughout the day. This is an enclosed building, but dress for warmth as the building is not heated.

A&S Activities will be held in the main hall with=2
0plenty of room for everyone. Please have your items set up by 12:00 and picked up by 4:00 to allow time for set up for Court and Feast.

Cost:

Adult, Member:

$ 12.00 Day Trip

Adult, Member:

$ 8.00 Feast

Adult, Non-Member:

$ 15.00 Day Trip

Adult, Non-Member:

$ 8.00 Feast

Youth (6-17) Member:

$ 8.00 Day Trip

Youth (6-17) Member:

$ 5.00 Feast

Youth (6-17) Non-Member:

$ 11.00 Day Trip

Youth (6-17) Non-Member:

$ 5.00 Feast

Child (0-5):

Guests of the Barony

Make Checks Payable to: SCA, Inc., Barony of Ponte Alto

Reservations: Rhiannon verch David ap Madyn (Kerri Smith), 5368 Ashleigh Road, Fairfax, VA 22030, (703)-815-0659, e-mail: blessed_sin78 at hotmail.com

Merchants are welcome. There is no merchanting fee, but space is limited. Please contact the Autocrat for information.

Site: Loudoun County Fairgrounds, 17558 Dry Mill Rd., Leesburg VA 20175. Troll opens at 9:00 and closes at 4:00. Site closes at 11:00.

Site restrictions: No open flames, no alcohol. Dogs not allowed in the main hall. Dogs are welcome in the Barn, but must be leashed and cleaned up after.

Autocrat: Lady Wulfwyn Ælfwines dohtor (Patty Cheshire), 14521 Skipton Court, Centreville VA 20121, (703) 501-0875, e-mail: snoleopard4 at aol.com

Directions:
>From Points North, South, and East: Take your best route to the Dulles Toll Road/Greenway (Rt. 267) of
f of the Washington Beltway (I-495). Go through the toll booth(s) past Dulles Airport. Merge onto VA-7 W via EXIT 1A on the LEFT toward LEESBURG/WARRENTON. Take Route 9 West exit (stay in left lane of exit). At STOP sign at end of exit, turn left and proceed over bridge that crosses Route 7 (stay in the left lane). Proceed to STOP sign and turn left onto Dry Mill Rd. Travel approximately 1 mile to Fairgrounds entrance on left.