[Ponte Alto] From the exchequer

Tamara brown psallite703 at msn.com
Tue Dec 8 19:35:44 PST 2009

Greetings to the Barony

For those of you who have been unable to make the last few meetings. I have been asking for volunteers who would be interested in becoming a deputy to the exchequer office. The need has become more urgent as Lady Rhiannon has resigned as deputy and successor. Kingdom policy requires that the office have a deputy so I really need to fill this position as soon as possible

So what would be required to be a deputy:

You must be a paid member of the SCA and over 18 year of age.

You would need to attend the Exchequer 101 class. This is frequently offered at university but there may be other opportunities for the class that can be arranged.

What does the job entail: The deputy is a back up to the current exchequer. As such would be a signatories for the baronial accounts and as such may co-sign checks as needed. Assist the chamberlain and exchequer with inventory if needed.

Fill in for the exchequer if an emergent need arises.

Does this mean that to volunteer as deputy means you have to succeed the exchequer?  Not necessarily. Although I would like to step down within the next year I will stay on until there is an able replacement. Also more then one deputy would be a good thing

Being a deputy is an opportunity to learn more about what the job entails and if it is something you would like to do to serve the barony

So what is involved in being the baronial exchequer.While not all inclusive here is a brief overview

The exchequer maintains the baronial bank accounts including disabusing funds as authorized by the financial committee(The Barony)and depositing any income

Maintaining Baronial inventory

Complete financial report for all Baronial events

Prepare and submit quarterly and end of year financial reports to the Kingdom office

This job does not require a financial background (I don't have one) But someone with an attention to detail and perhaps some familiarity with excel would be a good candidate.

There are tools  to help make the job easier and a Kingdom staff that is very supportive and willing to answer any questions and help problem solve.

If you would like to hear more just contact me and we can discuss further.

psallite703 at msn.com

Or you can call me at 703 378 2441

Thanks for your time

Celia of Rosedale