[Ponte Alto] Fwd: [Branchseneschals] Twelfth Night Flyer & hotel info - PLEASE CROSS POST

afpopa at cox.net afpopa at cox.net
Fri Dec 4 17:39:13 PST 2009

> Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 17:13:27 -0500
> From: <seneschal at falconcree.org>
> To: branchseneschals at atlantia.sca.org
> Subject: [Branchseneschals] Twelfth Night Flyer & hotel info - PLEASE CROSS
	POST

> Reminder - Hotel reservations need to be made by the 8th to guarantee the
discounted rate.

Merchants - Please note the correct address for the merchant contact.

Atlantian Twelfth Night

NOTICE

In recognition of the commencement of the Carnival season, all and sundry
are welcome at St. Mark’s Square where the Doge’s Palace shall be
thrown open in celebration of Twelfth Night!

The doors will be open at 10 am on the Ninth day of January 1580.  There is
much fun and merrymaking to be had while mingling throughout the palace in
your finest while dining, shopping and enjoying the festivities of the day.

The Doge has received a Turkish cook as a gift from Murad III and he would
like to share with his guest how wonderfully the Venetian and Ottoman
cultures compliment each other.

Cost:
Adults pre-registered 		$20.00
Adults at the door		$25.00
Youth (5-17)			$10.00
Adult non-members add 		$ 3.00

Make checks payable to: SCA, Inc., Canton of Falcon Cree

Reservations: Please send reservations to the autocrat.  Reservations must
be received by December 28th to qualify for the pre-registration price.

Site: Baxter Hood Center 452 S. Anderson Road, Rock Hill, SC 29730

Site Restrictions: No weapons, no candles, no pets, no glitter/confetti

Food: Dishes will be offered all day in a café setting, this is not a
light side board but a full feast.  There is no place to wash your dishes
so dishes and flatware will be provided. For dietary concerns, please
contact:
Baroness Elizabeth at elizcates at gmail.com.
A&S:  Tempore Atlantia items from 1250-1492; Kingdom notables to be chosen;
Please visit the 12th Night website for more detailed information on A&S
competitions.  You also find links to history and costume ideas for the
Venetian carnivale theme

Website http://falconcree.org/twelfthnight/

Autocrat: Victoria Pringle (Trishka Hornbeck) 1603 Hudson Rd., Greer, SC
29650 Phone 864-244-3278, Email VictoriaPringle at bellsouth.net

Merchants: Please contact Antonio Felluci to reserve your space
admin at psalterydreams.com

Directions: From the North (Charlotte, NC):
Take I-77S/US-21S to exit 82A-82B to merge onto Cherry Rd/US-21 S toward
Rock Hill. Turn left at N Anderson Rd. Take the 1st right onto N Anderson
Rd/S Carolina 121 S, travel approximately 2.4 miles.
>From the South (Columbia, SC):
Take I-77N to Rock Hill. Merge onto S Anderson Rd/S Carolina 5 W/US-21 N.
Continue to follow S Carolina 5 W/US-21 N. Slight right at S Anderson
Rd/US-21 N. Continue to follow US-21 N.

Hotel information can be found on the website
http://falconcree.org/twelfthnight/directions.php but here are the details.

Comfort Suites
http://www.comfortsuites.com/hotel-rock_hill-south_carolina-SC287?promo=gglo
cal

803-326-3300

The rooms are all suites with a sleeper sofa and either 2 queens or a king
bed.  All rooms have a mini fridge, microwave and free wifi.  The standard
suite is $89+ tax for double occupancy, under 18 stay free.  If you
register over double occupancy it is $10 per additional person.  The
efficiency suites will run $99+ tax.  The entire hotel is non-smoking.

To reserve your room at the group rate just ask for the "SCA" rate.  All
reservations must be made by December 8th to get the discount.
Reservations can be changed or canceled until January 2nd.