[Ponte Alto] Fwd: Chalice Report

Jeffrey C French jcfrench at mac.com
Mon Sep 15 06:45:25 PDT 2008

Unto the Great Barony of Ponte Alto do Baron Jurgen and Baroness Flora
salute you.

Saturday's event was a day filled with fun (and heat). Our fearless
autocrat, Maitresse Belphoebe, appeased Poseidon enough for him to stay away
until after court so that the mighty Sun God, Helios, could shine upon us.

The day began with a sad farewell from Their Majesties Sinclair and Kari as
they prepared to set sail across the ocean.

A short while later we were given the devastating news that their ship was
destroyed by vikings and there were no survivors. Atlantia was to have no
fear as Sir Jason Kinslae stepped up to claim the throne. He then did crown
Gerhild the Willful as His Queen. Shockingly, Sinclair and Kari were called
forth from their watery graves to accept their new position as the newest
Count and Countess of Atlantia.

And then the competitions commenced! Belphobe will be sending out an e-mail
with the results of the competitions.

At King Jason's and Queen Gerhild's first court Ponte Alto again showed
itself to be a shining jewel in the Kingdom of Atlantia:

   - Brenainn MacShuibne was recognized as a member of the Nobility when he
   received his Award of Arms.
   - Lady Sophia van der Werken was recognized with an AoA.
   - Baron Maximilian von Halstern was inducted into the Order of the Sea
   Stag for his impressive ability to train fighters for the Northern Army.
   - The Order of the Golden Dolphin was short a member until they called
   forth our amazing seneschal, Lady Katherine Devereaux.
   - Lord James de Biblesworth has joined the ranks of those in Ponte Alto
   who are trying to take over the Kingdom by becoming a Court Baron.

In Ponte Alto court we recognized a changeover in our Baronial Herald from
Lady Katharina von Bayern to Lady Sian verch Gwilim ap Lewelin, and also our
Baronail Minister of Arts & Sciences from Lady Renata von Hentzau to
Baroness Liaden.

Maitresse Belphobe was called forward to report the results of the Chailce
competition. When she asked the permission of Baroness Flora if she may be
seated, permission was denied. Their Majesties then re-opened Royal court
and had her kneel before His Majesty. It was then that she received the
King's Award of Excellence for her incredible job of planning a superb
Coronation with 6 days advance notice! THEN was she allowed to take her seat
among the populace.

Baron Max and Lady Kat of Ponte Alto were called forward to receive the
Onore del Ponte d'Oro for their service in helping the heavy fighters
prepare for battle and equally important, arranging for them to get to the
battles!

After a delicious feast, it was brought to Her Excellency's attention that
some members of Ponte Alto went above and beyond duty in cleaning up the
kitchen. Simon, Corrius, Hitome, Cunian and Helga all worked while everyone
else was feasting - in other words, they did not eat feast! Also, Lady Grace
wanted me to recognize the Ponte Alto cooks for their fortitude in
Battlefield Cooking; her thermometer, which was just resting on the
counter top, registered 100 degrees all day! As a result, Sophia, Alesia, and
Tirloch, as well also the helpers noted above received Beads of Ponte Alto
(Alesia and Tirloch will receive theirs later.)

And an extra-special thanks to Belphoebe for doing such a wonderful job! She
may try to cry humility by directing praise to her helpers (of which there
were many), but one does not get help without first gaining the respect of
the populace, which she did with a wonderful four years of service as our
Baroness, and then knowing how to delegate. We did not hear one single
complaint about the running of the event (except the humidity, which Bel
will work on harder next year) but we had a couple of people search us out to
tell us how much they enjoyed this event.

If we have missed anything, please let the list know. Any mistakes and/or
omissions are due to fatigue and sunburn.

Ponte Alto is an amazing barony! We are very honored and proud be a
representative for us to the Kingdom.

Thank You!

Flora & Jurgen
Baroness and Baron of Ponte Alto