[Ponte Alto] Coronation/Chalice Thanks (long)

Belphoebe belfebe at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 14 19:03:20 PDT 2008

Greetings!

Coronation/Chalice of the Sun God V took place yesterday, and although hot and humid, everything went well and I would like to take the opportunity to thank everyone for their help in making the event a success.

I have a very long list of people to thank, and so many people stepped up to the plate that it would be impossible to name each and every one.  If I miss anyone's name, I apologize in advance, and I will beg your indulgence and ask you to chalk it up to the fatigue of a very tired (but happy) autocrat.

First, thanks to Baroness Celia of Rosedale, my fearless reservationist and her team, for her support before, during and after the event.  To Lady Katharine Devereaux, for her putting up with my endless questions as a past Chalice autocrat and as our current Seneschal when things needed to be sorted out.  Lady Sorcha de Glys, my awesome Traffic and Parking Goddess and her team.  I would have been lost without you, and this is not a pun.  To you I say, we are not worthy.

Lady Grace Whithing and her team.  Not only you cooked a feast worthy of the Olympians, but kept my setup crew fed and provided breakfast for our staff.  Agnes Daunce and Marie Therese de Normand, High Table Goddess and Head Server Extraordinaire, you and your team made sure that food was brought up to the tables quickly and efficiently.

Countess Denise Duvalier and Mistress Madeleyne by Northway, thank you for taking care of Royal Hospitality.  You ladies are awesome.

Lady Delphina the Mad, my head MoL, and Mistress Ceridwen (North), you kept the MoL moving quickly and accurately.  To you, I tip my hat.  Lord Erich von Kleifeld, Lady Anne la Settere, and their team of chirurgeons and waterbearers.  In a day in which the gods decided to give us as much sun and humidity as they could muster, you kept our fighters going and hydrated.  Thank you so much.

Baron Marcellus Capoziello da Napoli, not only were you my fearless Marshal in Charge, but you also took the role of field coordinator, autocrat wrangler and Man Friday.  I love you and would not have been able to do it without you.

Sir Thomas of Calais, my awesome Armored Marshal in Charge, you ran a great tourney, and made sure that His Majesty had the bear pits that he wanted on His Coronation day.  I am indebted to you.

Lord William le Younger and Baroness Catalina d'ell Acqua, you ran the Youth Combat and the Youth Rapier tourneys, and contributed to the growth of the Atlantian army by encouraging our youth to practice the Martial arts.  You both rock.

Mistress Ceridwen (South) and Lady Ana Beigh, thank you for being my Mistresses of Ceremonies and impromptu heralds.  Your presence on the field made the challenges all the more entertaining.

Mistress Anne of Carthew, you were my pillar of strength and ran the Performance competition with your usual efficiency.  To you and all the judges, thank you very much.

Lady Renata von Henzau, her team and the A&S judges, thank you very much for running a remarkable competition.  You are awesome.

Lady Brighid O'Hara, not only are you fierce on the fields of Pennsic behind a siege engine, but you ran a fun and entertaining archery competition.  To you and everyone who came out and help, thank you.

Lady Wulfwynn and your team, thanks for running the fundraising luncheon.  On a day like Saturday, it was a real life-saver, and all for a good cause to boot.  (Plus the barbecue was awesome.)

Master Eadric the Potter, my merchant coordinator.  I thank you so much for taking care of that task, and for keeping this autocrat properly caffeinated to boot.  You are awesome.

Lady Talitha of Avalon, who ran the Children's Corner.  You manage to keep an entire flock of little ones entertained and out of trouble.  For that, I salute you.

To the folks to came on Friday to set up - Charles the Bull, Geoffrey ap Clwyd, Sian and Rhiannon, Gwen, Baron Robert of Calais, Pagan Grendel and many others that I am sure I am missing, thank you.

To everyone who so generously helped us clean the ball field after Court so we could have it ready for the park rangers by the evening, you are wonderful.

Baron Maximilian von Holstern and the rest of the team, who stayed after to clean the feast hall, you all rock.

To the folks who showed up on Sunday morning to clean up the rest of the site, clean the bathrooms, sweep the cabins and make sure that everything was ready for turning the site back to the Park Services, you were my life savers.

I would also like to let everyone know that we were praised by the Park Rangers for the neat state in which we returned the site.  We would not have been able to do it without the cooperation of everyone who attended the event, and who helped clean up the site and picked after themselves.

Last but not least, I would also like to thank Their Majesties (outgoing and incoming) for their understanding and their generosity.  They made this autocrat's life a lot easier, and her job immensely enjoyable.

Again, I did not do this alone.  I had a lot of help.  If I missed anyone in this note, I apologize and let it be known that you have my thanks.

Yours in Service,

Belphoebe