[Ponte Alto] Report on the Eastern/Atlantian Fighter Training

Wilchamor1 at aol.com Wilchamor1 at aol.com
Mon Oct 6 12:04:45 PDT 2008

Excellent Max. Keep moving them forward.
Cosimo

In a message dated 10/6/2008 12:19:12 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
maxntropy at att.net writes:

Today's  Eastern/Atlantian inter-kingdom fighter training was widely
reported  to be a success by the nearly 40 fighters in attendance
(approximately 10 of whom journeyed to the Central NJ site from
Atlantia) -- so much so, in fact, that Don Alexendre Bautista De La
Mar stated on the EKSouth list this evening that "today was the best
practice I have attended in nearly 30 years of playing in the SCA...
It was full of great training, and the combination of multi-kingdom
fighters gave such a great chance to fight people I have never had  the
chance to fight before."  Duke Ronald Wilmot gave a short  version of
the "Advanced Weapon and Shield" class he taught at East  Kingdom
University, and Duke Timothy of Arindale, Sir Albrecht Von  Halstern,
Sir Tanaka Raiko, Sir Gabriel Maccuswell, and a wide range  of other
fighters helped ensure that the emphasis was on training as  we all
fought each other consistently throughout the day (King  Darius had
planned on attending but was unfortunately struck ill on  Friday night
and could not attend).

Everyone truly had their  fill of fighting for the day and got an
opportunity to test their  mettle against a vast range of opponents
from different groups and  regions.  Afterwards, a large number of us
took over a nearby  eating establishment to the mild chagrin of the
locals.  All,  in all, a pretty durn successful day!

Folks had so much fun, that they  instantly asked for a repeat... so we
will try to schedule another  one for the winter months -- perhaps in
January sometime.  Caer  Adamant (Delaware) has offered an indoor site
they have (which comes  complete with a bar that serves... so we might
want to try to get  that "party" bus again!), and their site would be
much more  centrally located between the East and Atlantia.

Thanks to all those  who braved the journey and represented glorious
Atlantia!   Those who couldn't make it truly did miss a great
opportunity to  expand and extend their fighting, but hopefully we'll
get another  chance in a couple've months.  Ask those who went how much
fun  they had, and I'm sure you won't want to miss the next one!

In  service,

Max Von  Halstern
Ponte-Alto  mailing  list
Ponte-Alto at atlantia.sca.org