[Ponte Alto] Mead competition at Storvik Baronial Birthday!

Elspeth Payne ebpayne at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 6 11:46:23 PDT 2008

October 17-19 is Storvik's Baronial Birthday, but on the 18th we're having a Viking mead competition.  Entries must be in by 1pm, judging will start at 2pm; we'll be done and able to walk straight by court.  We encourage you to sit in while your entry is being judged.  I myself am coming off the battlefield for it.

The prize is an approximately four-foot length of tablet woven trim.  Documentation is highly encouraged.  If your citations are in Old Norse or Anglo Saxon, please provide translation.
Please note this is not a baronial brewer competition - just a fun little mead gathering to honor the barony's Norse roots.

The event flyer is here:  http://storvik.atlantia.sca.org/events.html

See you there!
Sorcha Prechan

Blue Celt