[Ponte Alto] Boy Scout Demo at Shrevewood Elementary School

James Barker flonzy at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 6 18:40:12 PST 2008

Lisbet

They are Cub Scouts (I didn't know the difference). I will have quite a number of weapons and armor to display but I recommend leaving anything with a sharp blade at home. We have done demo like these often and there is no real problem bringing stuff in for the scouts. If it were during school hours we just inform the principle and out of 20 or so demos in the last 3-4 years not one principle has said no to bringing in weapons to show the kids.

As far as the content of the demo I am open to anything; for those who have not been to one in the past we normally take a chunk of time to talk about something we have brought along and I welcome any SCA related topic that is ok for kids to learn about.

Thanks
James