[Ponte Alto] Boy Scout Demo at Shrevewood Elementary School

James Barker flonzy at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 6 18:31:44 PST 2008

The rules regarding weapons in schools are not well understood by most folks. Each county has it's own policy and rules. In Fairfax county it is not a problem to bring medieval weapons into an after school hours meeting like the one I posted and during school hours you need only the principle permission. I have been running these demos for several years now and I take a pile of weapons to each one both durning school hours and after school hours. This school also happens to be where we hold rapier practice so the school is well aware of the SCA combat activities.

James de Biblesworth