[Ponte Alto] Letter from Baroness Celia of Rosedale

Gustav von Silberwald gustavvs at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 16 05:40:53 PST 2008

Greetings unto The populace of the Barony of Ponte Alto, from
Baroness Celia of Rosedale. May this missive
find all of you content and well, enjoying the bounties of the harvest.

First I wish to thank the Barony for the honor of allowing me to
be considered as a candidate for the next Baron/Baroness of Ponte Alto.  I
have been a member of the SCA and Barony for over 14 years and am proud to call
myself an Atlantian Pontoon. I would be proud serve as Ponte Alto’s
representative to Atlantia in these lands.

I have enjoyed serving the barony and kingdom in many
capacities over the years including deputy and then Baronial Minister of Arts
& Science, and deputy exchequer. As many may know  I am currently
the Exchequer for Ponte Alto as well as the Deputy KMOAS for performing
arts.  I have served Ponte Alto as an autocrat. I also have a great love
of performing arts especially music and I am active in many of the kingdom’s
performance arts activities. I was Ponte Alto’s first Baronial Bard. I have
also been known to pick up Bow and Arrow on occasions in defense of the Barony.
 I have served the fighting community as an MOL at large for the
past 2 years. Further, I have also been honored to serve as retainer for the
reigns of Stephan and Niobe, Jonas and Rachel, Robert and Denise, and Valharic
and Arielle.

I believe I have the experience and diplomatic skills to
serve the Barony and Atlantia well as Ponte Alto’s Baroness. I
recognize and embrace the diversity Ponte Alto has to offer in
all its citizens. From my service to prior Monarchs of this Kingdom, I
believe I have an understanding of the joys and challenges of managing a Court,
and the burden of travel needed to best represent the Barony and her people to
the kingdom; Having been active in Ponte Alto for so long, I understand
much of our history, people and traditions

I believe one of the most important roles of the Baronage is to
recognize and support the goals of the populace.  As such, I would:
-          Promote the Barony's wish of developing bids worthy of hosting
Kingdom level events. I sincerely believe Ponte Alto has a vast source of
Service and Talent to host events that comfortably welcome the Kingdom's
populace to these lands and exemplifies the glory of  Our Barony to Atlantia.
-          Encourage the establishment of regular A&S activities and
gatherings that would appeal to the diverse interests within the group.
-          Support the fighting community in their efforts for recruitment
and training.  As a non-combatant I feel it is crucial that the Fighting
community knows their Baroness supports their efforts of being a fighting unit
that makes the Kingdom strong and intimidates our enemies.
-          To help the newcomers on their journey into our Society. I feel
everyone has a vision of what The Dream means to them. I feel as Baroness it is
most important to assist those new to our society find the niche that best
meets their vision of The Dream

I wish to note that should I be Chosen the next Baroness, I would
not leave my current jobs in need, for I have deputies and other candidates who
are prepared to take a next step on their journey.

I thank you for your consideration.
Sincerely,
Baroness Celia of Rosedale

 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"A nod is as good as wink to a blind man."