[Ponte Alto] Picnic in the Park - FREE FOOD!

Kevin of Thornbury kevin at sword.net
Thu May 1 18:44:27 PDT 2008

Someone should alert the FTC for false advertising!  I know about free
food -- a high-level executive meeting was catered at my office today,
and I snagged a peanut butter cookie and a Diet Coke when they went
back into the board room.  *That's* free food.  Bringing food
somewhere to feed at least six people?  That's not free.

I should caution you to be more careful with emotionally-charged
language like that.

;-)

2008/5/1 Jerri Lyn Mooney <flora.bayeaux at gmail.com>:
> In celebration of the Sunday Gathering being moved outside to Tysons-Pimmit
> Park, we are having a potluck picnic immediately following practice.
>
> We'll start setting out the food around 4:00. The Baron & Baroness will
> bring a table to put the food on and a water cooler. Please bring enough
> food/drink to feed at least 6 people. Stopping at KFC/Dominos/grocery store
> is perfectly ok!
>
> I called the park authority and asked if we are allowed to bring our own
> hibachis and they didn't know the answer, so I'm taking that as a yes.
> Therefore, we will be bringing a teeny grill to finish up our Glazed Corned
> Beef Sandwiches. (yum)
>
> It is simplest if everyone brings their own feast gear as well, so as not to
> have to deal with excessive trash (and storage of paper plates!)

> Baroness Flora

Kevin D. Maxson

http://www.linkedin.com/in/maxson