[Ponte Alto] Sapphire Joust Fighting

guylestran at aol.com guylestran at aol.com
Fri May 16 13:46:07 PDT 2008

For those who are curious:

If I can make it I think I will spend Sat on the Rapier Fields.

Heavy:

This year we will offer two full days of fighting, featuring Tourneys
to test the skill, and Battles to challenge the heart of all Atlantian
Fighters. The theme for the weekend will be Heraldic Display, so bring
out your finest surcoats and banners to add to
the splendor of the day.

Saturday:
9am – Mol Table opens/Authorizations
Noon- Sapphire Joust Tournament
2pm/Following Tourney- Capture the Flag Ressurection Battle (Woods) 45
min.
approx.

Sunday:
9am – Mol Table opens/Authorizations
10am -  (field) Novice Tourney (2 years or less)
11:30 - (field) Order of the Kraken Off-weapons Tourney: The Order will
meet all comers with either Greatsword, Polearm, Two Sword or Spear.
12:45 - Company of St. Aiden Heraldry Team Mellee (Woods)

Rapier:

Saturday will hold the traditional Sapphire Tournament, with the Ruby
Prize awarded to the victor and the Sapphire prize awarded to the
fencer voted most chivalrous by his or her peers. This tournament will
have four round-robin pods with the top two from each pod moving on to
a single elimination. Fighting will begin following morning courts.
Authorizations will take place between 10-11 a.m., and then as time
allows.

Sunday will be a day of melee training for Pennsic with training
scenarios devised by the rapier warlord. A resurrection battle in the
woods seems highly likely, among other things. Start building your
endurance now.

Sir Guy

"Knighthood Is Only The Beginning."