[Ponte Alto] On Target May 31, 2008 Barony of Lochmere

Sarah Toich barjavel at verizon.net
Thu May 15 19:49:50 PDT 2008

On Target
May 31, 2008
Barony of Lochmere

As the days get warmer and we come out of our homes, it is that time again
to test our skills in a little friendly competition with others in and out
of our fair kingdom of Atlantia. We invite all to join us for a day of
shooting, throwing, boasting and tests of skill in all things missile. There
will be some loaner gear for archery, atlatl, thrown, and combat archery.

There will be variety of prizes awarded and a prize for the most well
presented archer (equipment, clothing, etc.). There will be an A&S display
for any and all things related to the missile arts.

Martial Activities:
Throughout the day there will be a multitude of contests and demos,
including a variation of the infamous Lochmere walk-though, axes, knives,
atlatls, siege weapons and more. Many amusing targets will test your skill
and sense of humor. Whether you are a seasoned archer or thrower or this is
your first time projectliing, all are welcome to come out and have fun.

Arts & Sciences Activities:
There will be an A&S display for any and all things related to the missile
arts.

Cost:
Adult, Member:        $ 7.00 Day-Trip         $ 7.00 Feast
Adult, Non-Member:    $ 10.00 Day-Trip         $ 7.00 Feast
Child (5-17):         $ 4.00 Day-Trip         $ 4.00 Feast
Child (0-4):          $ 0.00 Day-Trip         $ 0.00 Feast

Make Checks Payable To: SCA, Inc./Barony of Lochmere

Cost Notes: Lunch will be included in the site fee.

Site: THE SITE HAS CHANGED FROM PREVIOUS YEARS. The new site is at Baltimore
Bowmen.10301 Harford Road, Glen Arm, MD 21057.

Site Restrictions: Pets are permitted but must be kept on a leash and owners
MUST clean up after them. All trash must be taken out‹there are no dumpsters
on site.

Feast Information: Lunch will be included in the site fee and feast in the
evening, provided by the Bright Hills Cooks Guild, which will feature a
roasted pig.

Autocrat¹s Information: Lord Aeddan Ivor (John Turner), 907 Rose Anne Rd.,
Glen Burnie, MD 21060, Phone: (410) 553-0618, E-mail: aeddanivor at verizon.net

Reservations: Lady Caitilin inghean Ui Laoghaire (Kelly Turner), 907 Rose
Anne Rd, Glen Burnie, MD 21060, Phone: (410) 553-0618, E-mail:
caitilinlaoghaire at verzion.net

Directions:
>From The Washington/Virginia area: Take Interstate 95 North to Baltimore.
Follow Rte 95 thru the Fort McHenry tunnel. Stay on Rte 95 until you come to
Rte 695. Take Exit 64 towards Towson. (While on Rte 95 get in the left lane
to get the correct exit ramp.) Follow Rte 695 about 2 miles. Look for
Harford Rd, take exit 31B. Follow Harford Rd about 2 miles. Count 3 traffic
lights. When you get to the second traffic light, you are real close (North
Wind Rd). Follow Harford Road down the hill about 1/4 mile. Look for signs
on the right Turn right and follow road thru to the second gate.

>From Southern Maryland: Take Interstate 97 north to Baltimore. Follow Rte to
Rte 895. Follow Rte 895 Thru the Harbor Tunnel. Stay on Rte until it merges
with Interstate 95. Stay on Rte 95 until you come to Rte 695. Take Exit 64
towards Towson. (While on Rte 95 get in the left lane to get the correct
exit ramp.) Follow Rte 695 about 2 miles. Look for Harford Rd, take exit
31B. Follow Harford Rd about 2 miles. Count 3 traffic lights.

When you get to the second traffic light, you are real close (North Wind
Rd). Follow Harford Road down the hill about 1/4 mile. Look for signs on the
right. Turn right and follow road thru to the second gate.

For more directions go to www.baltimorebowmen.com/direction.htm

Return to
Here is the Schedule:
On Target
Schedule
Site opens at 9:00am
Inspections start at 9:14am with Practice starting at 9:30am.

Activities start at 10:00am (The Walk-Though, atlatl, siege weapons, and
many more)
Lunch will be at 12:00pm
Court will be at 5:00pm
Feast will be at 6:00pm and it will be like a big picnic, so make sure you
have feast gear.
Site close at 9:00pm

For Lunch
Ember Day Tarts