[Ponte Alto] RSVPs for Mundane Social at Sir Grethferth's?

guylestran at aol.com guylestran at aol.com
Tue Mar 11 04:07:37 PDT 2008

I will come.

"Knighthood Is Only The Beginning."

-----Original Message-----
From: Max Nelson <maxntropy at att.net>
To: The Barony of Ponte Alto <ponte-alto at atlantia.sca.org>
Sent: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 10:53 pm
Subject: RSVPs for Mundane Social at Sir Grethferth's?

All:

Please let me know if you may show-up (hopefully) for the Mundane
Social at Sir Grethferth's  (details below) but have not yet RSVPd.

Thanks!

Max

On Mar 7, 2008, at 12:21 AM, Max Nelson wrote:

In an ongoing effort to increase the jocularity, interaction,
festivity, enjoyment, and just plain time spent amongst interesting and
fun people who enjoy many of the same things; we are trying to develop
a regular series of "Mundane Socials" (i.e., we are going as our
mundane selves and *not* focusing on SCA stuff) -- in which we get
together simply as friends to spend time together, eat and drink,
regale each other with inanities or deep philosophical insights or
personal histories, perhaps watch some bad (or good) movies, and
otherwise simply get to know each other and enjoy each others' company.
 Please note that we are inviting *all* people of all shapes, sizes,
colors, interests, motivations, groups, etc...  This is an inclusive
invitation and we are hoping any and all will choose to attend to
enrich the evening.

Sir Grethferth has generously offered to host the first such Mundane
Social at his home on the Friday night before Bloodbath (3/14) -- so we
can have an absolutely fun-filled weekend starting off with the Mundane
Social on Friday Night, followed by Bloodbath on Saturday, and
ending-up with the Sunday afternoon Social and War Practice from Noon
onwards.  Sir Eldrid, Baron Jurgen, and others have offered to host
subsequent Mundane Socials, and we will announce them in due course.

Sir Grethferth (aka Scott Rakow) has offered to make some chili and
salsa available for us, and the grill is available for cooking -- which
means it's bring your own chips, dips, drinks, and grilling goods
(meats, vegetables, or whatever else you consider edible and
grillable).  Obviously you can bring stuff just for yourself, but if
you bring stuff to share, it'll be more fun all around as others will
share their stuff with you (trust me, it works better).

The Mundane Social will commence at 7pm on Friday the 14th (until
Grethferth and his lovely lady Wife kick us out), and he is located at
12795 Thancker Hill Court in Herndon, VA  20171.    You can find the
map located
here: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&ie=UTF8&t=h&msa=0
&msid=113469030601034864019.000447d0d9d08a064a730

So they know what to expect, please RSVP to me if you have some
intention of going (a rough headcount would be nice to provide).

We're looking forward to seeing and socializing with you all!!

Sincerely,

Max Nelson (Mundanely, of course)

Baron Maximilian Von Halstern