[Ponte Alto] Fwd: [Pearls] The Smackdown at Kingdom A&S

Belphoebe belfebe at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 25 07:15:28 PST 2008

FYI

--- "James C. Wagner Jr." <middleaston at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 20:01:38 -0800 (PST)
> From: "James C. Wagner Jr." <middleaston at yahoo.com>
> To: pearls at atlantia.sca.org
> Subject: [Pearls] The Smackdown at Kingdom A&S
>

>   “What is Best in Life? To smack down your enemies,
> to see them snivel before you, and to hear the
> lamentations in their Poetry.”
>
> All right, Atlantia, are you ready to
> ruuuuuuuuuummmmble?  Come see the “combat event” at
> Kingdom Arts and Sciences, the Poetic Bloodsport , a
> mighty Smackdown in honor of Duke Gyrth Oldcastle.
>
> Our Atlantian Gladiators will spar for the pleasure
> of the crowd and crush each others’ very souls.
>
>   Come see Ceridwen “I’m not Bad, I’m just standing
> that way” ferch Owain as she demolishes her foes in
> a poetic termination.
>
>   View the mighty Bran “Not a Slave to Fashion”
> Trefonin as he uses his words to flay the
> skin from his adversaries’ bones.
>
>   Feel the heat as James “Is that Another New Hat?”
> of Middle Aston covers his victims with the gore of
> their own ineptitude.
>
>   Watch as Olivier “I used to be from a Civilized
> Country”  de Bayonne slays his rivals with
> but a turn of phrase and use of obscure poetic
> forms.
>

>   Pay heed as Efenwealt “Only Writes Filk” Wystle
> slaughters the poets gathered before him and feasts
> upon their cries.
>
>   Be witness to the horror as Ruaidhri “Can I have
> More Phlegm with that Name?” an
> Cu exterminates his assailants with his
> recriminations.
>
>   Behold the carnage as Simone “The Bloody Rose” de
> Barjavel perforates her opponents with
> her castigations and condemnation.
>
>   Find yourself agape at the magnificence of
> Rosalind “I write the Songs that make the Knowne
> World Sing” Jehann as she slams her opponents’ souls
> with a smile on her lips and song in he heart.
>
>   IF you dare, watch as Rosanella “Livin’ in
> Amerigo” Vespucci eliminates her
> rivals by total annihilation.
>
>   Observe in Awe as Dunstan “Wanna Touch My Weasel?”
> le Heryngmonger, even
> from afar, wields his weapons with deadly acuity.
>

>   Experience the suffering dealt by Jonathan “I Did
> it My Way” Blackbow as he smites his foes, raining
> reproaches and derision upon them.
>
>   Tremble as you hear Axel “My Daughter Can Beat Up
> Your Daughter” of
> Tavistia dealing out death and destruction to all
> within earshot.
>

> This First Annual Duke Gyrth Memorial Smackdown will
> take place from 11-2 at Kingdom Arts and Sciences.
>
> Be there!

-- It is a terrible insult to anyone to kill them when you are badly dressed.
(From the Rules of Ettiquette of the Ankh Morpork Guild of Assasins)
Une Robe Magnifique: http://www.houseffg.org/belphoebe
House Fallen From Grace, "Corrupting the Innocent since 1569": http://www.houseffg.org
Atlantian Siege Guild http://siege.atlantia.sca.org