[Ponte Alto] Fwd: [Keep] Ymir Heavy Tourney & Authorizations

guylestran at aol.com guylestran at aol.com
Tue Feb 5 07:08:24 PST 2008

"Knighthood Is Only The Beginning."

-----Original Message-----
From: M. Coty Kannon <cotyis at yahoo.com>
To: atlantia <atlantia at atlantia.sca.org>; Attilium at googlegroups.com;
Buckston list <Buckstonlist at buckston.atlantia.sca.org>; Elvegast List
<elvegast at yahoogroups.com>; keepsakes <keep at windmastershill.org>; The
Sent: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 9:31 am
Subject: [Keep] Ymir Heavy Tourney & Authorizations

The tourney this year is not restricted to round shields or axes, bring
what you
have.   Those of you that hate rounds shield may begin cheering.  Those
of you
that want a more period feel to the tourney may begin raising your
complaints to
me about it till next year.

The schedule at Ymir is always very tight, we have one hour to do
inspections
and run any authorizations, so if you are planning on authorizing, get
to the
MOL as soon as she will see you and get your paper work taken care of,
be in
armor and ready to go as close to 11 as you can get, at noon
authorizations are
over till after the tourney so if you want to fight in the tourney it’s
important that you are there and ready on time.   New authorizations
will take
precedence over those who are adding a weapons form(s).   I will
continue
authorizations for those who miss them from the close of the tourney
till I have
to leave for court or we lose the sun, whichever comes first.

The competitions this year are for
Best Viking Kit – Look the part!
Best Viking death – Go thee not quietly into that great hall, but rage
against
your summons to Valhalla
Best Viking Victory boast – Let your opponent know that Viking is an
action
verb. (pillage THEN burn)
Over all Victor of the day –  We’ll run 4 separate lists to completion
then the
top two from each list will fight in a “clean slate” 8 man double
elimination to
determine the over all winner.

If you have additional questions please email me, or visit
http://sca.housebayard.net/ymir.htm
if not I look forward to seeing each of you at Ymir
Gaston
Your MIC
 (please feel free to cross post this to your groups lists)
. . and what is truth, is truth unchanging law?
We both have truths, are mine the same as yours?

Be a better friend, newshound, and