[Ponte Alto] Canton of Sudentorre Demo...

Jeffrey C French jcfrench at mac.com
Wed Dec 10 07:51:39 PST 2008

Crossposted...

-Jurgen

Greetings to the list,

**please feel free to cross post**

The Canton of Sudentorre is holding a demo this weekend at Masaponax High School just south of Fredericksburg VA.  This is the second year we will be participating in this school function and if all goes well there is a good possibility that the SCA will be able to use this site in the future.

We are the atmosphere for an English Literature class?s end of the semester stress reliever, called ?Legends of the Fall?.  All semester these classes have been broken into teams.  They gain points for grades, assignments, projects and etc.  This Saturday the teams will battle it out in a strategy table top game where all their hard work pays off.  The better their grades the more defense, soldiers, ammunition, dragons, and etc they have to play the game with.  Each class competes until the last two standing face each other in the final round.

Last year the parents and siblings of the students were invited to attend.  We received a very warm welcome from them, and the kids loved the fighters (both rapier and heavy).  This year the size of the spectator audience has tripled in size.  We have been told to expect several hundred people to come the demo!

If you can come we would appreciate any help you can give!  Below are the details, with contact information, for the event.

When:  Students arrive at 10am and it is expected to go until 2-3pm.  We can get on site at 9am.

Where:  Massaponax High School, 8201 Jefferson Davis Highway, Fredericksburg, Virginia 22407-8721

>From the South: Take I-95 North to the Thornburg  Exit #118. Turn Left on Rt. 606  Approx.   1/4 mile to Right on Rt 1 North Approx. 5 Miles  to School on the Right.

>From the North: Take I-95 South to the Massaponax Exit #126A. Approx. 4 1/4 miles on  Rt 1 South to School on the Left.

>From The West:  Depending on your part of the state---Rt. 29 to Culpeper, Rt. 3 East to Fredericksburg, take I-95 South to Exit 126A approx 4 1/4 miles on Rt. 1 South to school on the left.----OR   Rt. 460 East to 85 North to I-95 North to Exit 118. Turn Left on Rt. 606  Approx.   1/4 mile to Right on Rt 1 North Approx. 5 Miles  to School on the Right.

>From the South East:  I 64 to Richmond. Take I-95 North to the Thornburg  Exit #118. Turn Left on Rt. 606  Approx.   1/4 mile to Right on Rt 1 North Approx. 5 Miles  to School on the Right.

Activities needed:  People to do hands on activities/demonstrations for the students and their parents/guests.  Heavy Fighters (Marshal:  Lord Allen of Wolfhou  TheWolfhou at aol.com), Rapier Fighters (Marshal:  Dante di Pietro dante_di_pietro at yahoo.com) and anything else anyone can think of (Lady Blitha of Wolfhou TheWolfhou at aol.com) .

Please bring spiff and shiny!  Wear garb that oh?s and ah?s?you know the type of stuff to that would attract you all over again to the SCA.  Heraldry, pomp and circumstance will not be spared as we plan to give the audience quite the show!

Looking forward to seeing all of you who can come.

Yours,

Baroness Rhonwen of Stierbach