[Ponte Alto] Thanks!...

Max Nelson maxntropy at att.net
Wed Aug 13 12:24:46 PDT 2008

Your Excellency.  While I am grateful and sincerely humbled, in truth
the success of Ponte Alto, Stierbach, Roxbury Mill, and the Northern
Army (of Darkness) was *completely* a team effort and is absolutely
the result of the tremendous skill, heart, and dedication of *all*
involved.  This was truly a "we" effort, and we can all bask in the
shared warmth of our mutual success and team glory.  I believe we can
all now agree that success and glory are indeed so much sweeter when
undertaken not just for the self, but for the greater good of those
around us and for whom we care.  For my part, I may have helped
provide some leadership, coordination, and on-field command and
control, but it was truly the combined contributions of each and every
one of us that has made our great success possible.  From your own
work at practice and helping armour on Monday's to your Lady Wife
Sofia's efforts with Logistics and with novice's on Mondays and her
Baronial duties, to Kat's work with the Expeditionary Corps and the
Mantles, to Sophia's help in camp and in the Shield Wall, to Sir
Strykar's fantastic work teaching, and Cosimo's help training, and
Duncan's help marshalling, and Sir Guy's help motivating, and Gunnar
and Cunian's devotion to Ponte Alto fighting through the years, and
Demian's help in the shield wall and with the artwork, and Bad Chris'
help fighting and with woodworking, and Good Chris' work in the line
and with Kat, and Lauren's work timekeeping and learning, and
Wulfwyn's work with Tabards and waterbearing, and James' work on the
recruitment posters, and Katherine's work as Seneschale, and on and on
and on and on...

In some ways, the dream is all of us working together to create a
shared community based on honor and courtesy and chivalry and prowess
and service to each other.  And I believe we *all* are working hard
for ourselves and for each other to make this a place where the dream
is becoming closer to a reality.

Thanks to everyone who is helping to make that happen in any way, no
matter how large or how small their contribution.

In service,

Baron Maximilian Von Halstern