[Ponte Alto] Tournament of Chivalry and Blackstone Raids.

guylestran at aol.com guylestran at aol.com
Mon Apr 21 07:26:04 PDT 2008

Thank you for everyone who came to the event.  Fighters and not
fighters alike.

We had around 80 fighters, 20 oif which were Knights.

It was a pleasure to get to know those fighters that I had not met
before and to fight with them as well as those fighters who I did know
and got to see again.

I know I was very pleased at what I saw/experienced and the Kights had
the time to assess those we fight with.  We had many pleasant surpirses.

Looking forward to other events where I can do the same.

For those trying to get to Blackstone Raids from the North,  Ponte Alto
is doing the following I took this from their list.

Greetings! This is another update for Blackstone Raid:
The King has requested the support of Atlantia in making a showing at
this war between the Midrealm and Aethelmark. As the Expeditionary
Corps, we are helping to coordinate transportation, hotel, and meals,
so that as many people as possible can attend.
Blackstone Raid will be held at the Cedar Lakes Conference Center in
Ripley, West Virginia from April 24th-27th. www.cedarlakes.com
More information on the event itself can be found at
http://www.blackstoneraid.org/
For those who are interested in traveling together, we have arranged a
caravan to leave our area on Friday the 25th at 6:00 p.m, and arrive at
our destination just shy of midnight. The meet-up location is Lemon
Road Elementary School (7230 Idylwood Road, Falls Church), which is the
same site that the Ponte Alto Sunday Social normally takes place.
(We can arrange a secondary highway-friendly location in Stierbach to
meet people, should there be sufficient demand.)
Regardless of your interest in caravanning, if you have room in your
vehicle for an extra person, or if you will need a ride to the event,
please let me know at dreadpiratekat at gmail.com so I can coordinate
those who need a ride with those who have a seat.
**There are still a few rooms available on site. As of this morning,
there are 10 motel-style rooms with two twin beds each, and 9
hotel-style rooms with two double beds each. Dormitory bunk space must
be arranged through the event itself: http://www.blackstoneraid.org/
We are still recommending that everyone stay on site, as this is both
the most cost-effective and most convenient option. To reserve a room,
please call the Cedar Lakes Conference Center as soon as possible at
304-372-7860. More information on room styles and on pricing is
available on their website: www.cedarlakes.com. If you are looking for
a roommate and have not yet found one, please let us know so we can
help.**
Alternatively, there are a few hotels in Ripley. Please contact me if
you would like more details about those.
We are planning on sharing an off-board meal together on Saturday
evening, either in or near Ripley. If anyone is familiar with the town
and has a restaurant recommendation, please speak up!
I believe that the Logistics Corps is currently hoping to have a
central pavilion, water, and perhaps some snacks available for any and
all within the Barony to enjoy throughout the event. We hope that
central location will help facilitate communication throughout the
weekend and ensure everything runs smoothly.
For people planning to leave early Sunday morning, please join us for
breakfast! This will most likely take place at 8:00 a.m. at the local
Bob Evans (3 Carter Point, Ripley). If you are interested in breakfast
or would like to caravan back, please let me know.
As noted, my email address is dreadpiratekat at gmail.com for any
questions or comments. I check this throughout the day.
Thanks,
Kat.
Expeditionary Corps (Beneficiarius Militaribus)

Sir Guy

"Knighthood Is Only The Beginning."