[Ponte Alto] Call for teachers & A&S census

Renata von Hentzau renata_hentzau at cox.net
Wed Apr 16 10:00:14 PDT 2008

Greetings, dear friends!

I have been talking with Their Excellencies and we are keen to get regular A&S workshops going at the Sunday Socials. Lady Iohanna is kicking things off with a Lucet workshop this coming weekend. We're looking for folks willing to do things in upcoming months.

So far, we're planning to do a formal A&S workshop one Sunday a month, with the other Sundays continuing on in the open format. But we can always add on if there is enough interest.

To that end, I am looking for people willing to teach a workshop at the Sunday Socials/Fighter picnics. Any skill you care to teach, from arrow-making to zither-stringing. Armory, leatherwork, needlepoint, cordials, research skills, pattern drafting... anything would be great. Also, if you've done research in a particular era or area (such as 14th-century France, Japanese court etiquette, monastic life, period cartography) that you'd be willing to talk about, we'd love to have you.  If you're planning on teaching a class at Pennsic or at a University, this is a good way to try it out.

Please email me or Baroness Liadan and let us know. We're hoping to compile a "Domesday Book," of the A&S talent & resources in the Barony. And the populace are the biggest and best resource of all!

Okay. So, call now! Operators are standing by!

--Renata von Hentzau, MoAS