[Ponte Alto] Traffic alert for the evening of Tournament of Chivalry

Orla Carey orla at lady.sca.org
Tue Apr 15 12:35:49 PDT 2008

Greetings,

First, I'd like to remind everyone that Lady Griele's email address in
the flyer is incorrect.  It is LadyGriele at Mac dot com.  I've had
several people ask me to redirect their emails so I thought I'd
mention it first.

Now to the more important news.  According to the press release shown
at this link:  http://www.marylandroads.com/information/newsrel/oc/newstxt.asp?filename=08_04_10.78.z,
the Capital Beltway (rt 495) will be closed at Rt 5 (Branch Avenue
exit) from about 8 pm Saturday until 10 am Sunday for construction.

This should not effect your trip TO the event, but might make a
difference on your way home.

If you are planning on camping and coming to War Practice the next
morning this should not effect you.  I suggest this idea since in
addition to the War Practice on Sunday we are having a bardic circle
Saturday evening after Feast.  According to Lady Griele as of last
night there was still plenty of cabin space open and we also have lots
of room for tent camping.

For those of you who are daytripping, here are options for going home
without using the Rt 5 beltway exit:

Going home North & East:
Turn right out of camp.  Turn right onto Frank Tippet.  Turn left onto
Rt 301.  Turn left onto Rt 4 and continue to the Rt 4 Beltway exit.

Going home West & North:
Turn left out of camp.  At Rt 5 turn right.  At Allentown Road take
the exit and turn left (under the underpass).  Turn Right onto
Brinkley Road, then Right onto Rt 414 (St. Barnabas Road).  Continue
on St. Barnabas Rd to the Beltway.

Going home points Far South:
Turn left out of camp.  At Rt 5/301 turn left.  Continue on Rt 301 (do
not take Waldorf By-pass).  You will go over the Rt 301 bridge.  About
halfway to Richmond you should start seeing signs to take you back to
Rt 95.  Note the halfway to Richmond is completely subjective - I'm
not sure how far down 301 actually takes you.

Hopefully this information will help you.  Tirzah also wanted to let
everyone know that Mapquest has a new "avoid" feature which you can
use to get Mapquest to give alternate directions.

YIS,

Orla

Lady Orla Carey
Seneschal