[Ponte Alto] Night on the Town- this weekend

Sarah Toich barjavel at verizon.net
Fri Apr 11 09:26:27 PDT 2008

Night on the Town X
April 11-13, 2008
Barony of Lochmere

The beginning of a bright, spring day where the sun shines down on Smeewick
is abruptly disturbed by the sounds of fighting. The once quiet town is
being filled with the noise between two households with their fighting. The
constant bickering has boiled over from mere words, to swords between the
two households. Through the upcoming weeks both sides will be spreading
words to their members to bolster their houses. So pay heed to the
messengers that may come or to those that the may receive letters, for your
household may be calling. Arm yourself to prepare for the battle ahead.

Martial Activities: Welcome to Atlantia¹s premiere rapier event. Rapier at
Night on the Town X will be a day of melees. You will be a part of the
internal fighting between two guild houses in the town of Smeewick and the
surrounding area. All fighting will be heavy rapier, with combat archery for
certain pre-set scenarios. Because of the open nature of the fighting, no
combat archery will occur outside of these scenarios. Authorizations are at
9am.

Arts & Sciences: Teachers in the arts will be present to show interested
citizens about their craft. This is a wonderful chance to "try it before you
buy it." Various arts and sciences will be available during the day to
sample, instructions how to do them, and enjoy them. Note that there is no
fee associated with participation in this activity. There is no set schedule
for the A&S displays/demos/classes.
If you have any questions, please contact Master Corun MacAnndra at
corun at medievalist.org

Cost:
Adult, Member:         $ 11.00 Day-Trip         $ 7.00 Feast         $ 5.00
Cabin Fee
Adult, Non-Member:         $ 14.00 Day-Trip         $ 7.00 Feast         $
5.00 Cabin Fee
Child (5-17):         $ 6.00 Day-Trip         $ 7.00 Feast         $ 3.00
Cabin Fee
Child (0-4):         $ 0.00 Day-Trip         $ 0.00 Feast         $ 0.00
Cabin Fee

Make Checks Payable To: Barony of Lochmere, SCA, Inc. Site: Elks Camp
Barrett, 1001 Chesterfield Rd, Annapolis, MD 21401. Site will open at 5pm
Friday, April 11, and will close on Sunday, April 13.
Site Restrictions: The site is wet. No pets. Cabins are bunk style and a
shower house is nearby. Pavilion camping is allowed, but we ask no modern
tents as cabins are available.

Feast Information: A Italian feast will be prepared by Lady Hrosvitha von
Celle (Kerri Martinsen), kerri.martinsen at gmail.com. Please direct all
dietary questions to Lady Hrosvitha. Also, lunch will be sold to raise money
for the Baronial Fighter practice.

Merchants: You are welcome, but please no modern looking structures (i.e.
blue tarps). Send field space requests to the autocrat.

Autocrat: Gabrell Fairclaugh (Michael Olney), E-mail:
Gabrellfairclaugh at yahoo.com, Phone: (410) 969-0443

Reservations: Lady Lisette la Rouxe (Jennifer Fischer), E-mail:
Jenybobeny at yahoo.com, Phone: (301)-490-4796 (calls NLT 9PM), 7610 Woodpark
Lane #402 Columbia, MD 21046.

Directions:
>From the West (in MD): Take the best route to Rt 32 East to I-97 South. From
I-97 take Exit 5, Rt 178/Crownsville. At the light off Rt 32, Rt 178 goes
straight and also goes to the left. Continue straight on Rt 178 South for
approx 1.8 miles. At the light, turn right onto Crownsville Rd. Continue for
approx 1 mile and turn right onto Hawkins Rd (there is a sign for Elks Camp
Barrett). Continue for approx 1.8 miles. At the bottom of the hill, go thru
the stop sign to enter the Camp.

>From the North: Take best route to I-97 South to Exit 5 and follow
directions above for those coming from the West.

>From the South: From the Capital Beltway (I-495), take Exit 19A Rt 50 East
to Exit 23 Rt 450/Parole. Take Rt 450 West and turn left at the light in
front of Annapolis Mall (this is still Rt. 450). Continue approx 2 miles.
Turn right at the light onto Crownsville Rd. After 0.5 mile there will be a
blue sign for Elks Camp Barrett. Take a left onto Chesterfield Rd and go
approx 1.4 miles. The site is on your left.

Return to Atlantian Calendar of Events