[Ponte Alto] Forthcoming Mundane Social, Mini-Tourney, ToC, and War Practice!!

Max Nelson maxntropy at att.net
Thu Apr 10 21:17:56 PDT 2008

Attention Pontoons!

Have I got a fun-filled week-and-a-half for you!

Starting on Tuesday, 4/15 (yes, Tax-Day for those still beholden), the
allied Baronies of Ponte Alto and Stierbach will hold their first-ever
Mini-Tourney of Honorable Elevation -- where we will be practicing the
art of tourney for both fencers and armored combatants.  Anyone who
can beg or borrow equipment can come-out and play, as this is simply a
practice -- authorizations are not required.  There will be prizes for
the winners of the fencing and armored combat lists, prizes for most
chivalrous, prizes for best progress... in short, it's going to be
filled with pomp and circumstance and glory and fun.  Should be one
*heck* of Tuesday evening down in Manassas!  Be sure to show up by
6:30pm so you can start armoring up to be ready to sign into the lists
at 7:00pm.  Time is exceedingly tight, and things will start on time!
The Mini-Tourney will be at the Stierbach Practice at the Prince
William Fencing Academy at 8440 Kao Circle in Manassas, VA.

Then on Friday, 4/18, we will have our second Mundane Social Gathering
(and ask folks how much fun the first one was!).  This second Social
will take place at our very own Baron Jurgen and Baroness Flora's
abode.  Details will be forthcoming, but plan on bringing something to
eat and/or drink.  I hear Ash might be leaving the S-Mart during the
evening (shop smart... shop S-Mart!), so if anyone wants to bring a
Necronomicon and some popcorn and twizzlers (or milk duds) that'd
probably be appropriate, also.  Those who have 'em might also want to
bring their Boomsticks.  We are, after all, the Northern Army of
Darkness!  We're going to be instituting a regular, rotating series of
bi-Monthly Friday Night activites.  After every Mundane Social
Gathering, we will alternate two Friday's later with a Mundane Movie
Night, and then switch back two Friday's after that with another
Mundane Social Gathering.  Thus, after the Mundane Social Gathering at
Jurgen and Flora's on 4/18 we will have a Mundane Movie Night (Iron
Man, movie theater TBD) on Friday, 5/2 and then another Mundane Social
Gathering on Friday, 5/16.

Saturday, 4/19, is of course the Tournament of Chivalry which is right-
local in our neighborly Barony of Storvik at the American Legion
Southern Maryland District Youth Camp at 9201 Surratts Road in
Cheltenham, MD.  We are hoping as many of the Barony as possible can
show up to cheer on our new fighters who will be authorizing, our
current fighters who will be competing, our chivalry who will be
demonstrating their prowess, and everyone else who is participating.
The support of friends and a healthy cheering section goes quite a
long way when facing the nerves of an authorization bout, so if you
can get out there to support our folks, we'd love for you to do so!

Sunday, 4/20 is a Northern Army (of Darkness) War Practice at the same
site as ToC that shall be led directly by Duke Bedouin and our very
own Sir Guy as they rally all of the units and fighters of Northern
Atlantia to practice and train for the greater glory of our King and
Kingdom.  We are really hoping to start shaking the rust of our units
and our Army, and we're hoping all fighters, archers, and support
personnel will make an effort to get out to the War Practice to show
his Grace what we've got and to get ourselves into gear!

Also, as I hope you are aware from Kat's previous postings, the week
afterwards is our journey out to Blackstone Raid to support the King
in his quest to show Atlantia's might to the Midrealm and
Aethelmearc.  If you are interested in going, in caravanning, or need
a ride, Kat is still looking to hear from ya, so please drop her a
line.  The King has called for Atlantia to support him, so we're
trying to make an effort and show them what we've got!

I hope to see many of you at the Mini-Tourney (in spirit, as I will be
out-of-town), at the Mundane Social (party!), at the Tournament of
Chivalry, at the War Practice, and/or at Blackstone Raid.  We've got a
tremendous Barony full of tremendous people, and I'm well and truly
looking forward to spending these days with you all!

In service and with eager anticipation of all the fun events to be had!

Baron Maximilian Von Halstern
Warlord of Ponte Alto