[Ponte Alto] Iron hinges and strapwork

David Chessler chessler at usa.net
Wed Nov 7 15:06:14 PST 2007

At 01:01 PM 11/7/2007, Irwin wrote:
>I'm looking for a source for smaller scale iron hinges and strapwork
>to refit our feast trunk. I know I've seen them online but never
>bookmarked the site. Suggestions?

Commercially leevalley.com has a tremendous variety, some of which
may be suitable. They will be stamped steel or brass, not
hand-hammered, though some may have that appearance.

I *think* they also have  a reasonable facsimile of hand-made nails.

I have bought modern stuff from them, including drawer hardware, and
the quality and service are good.

  http://www.rensup.com/ , but I've never dealt with them. I think
they once sent me a paper catalog that looked OK, but I passed it on
to my son.

--

Davitt il Bigollo da Pisa
Goldsmith's Agent

Checky argent and azure, two chess rooks or in chief, a chess knight
or, a three-turret tower or in base