[Ponte Alto] Infant/Toddler clothing worshop - Saturday

mathilde at mathildegirlgenius.com mathilde at mathildegirlgenius.com
Mon Jan 22 11:47:26 PST 2007

This coming Saturday, at 1pm, I will be hosting a workshop for Infant and
Toddler clothing. We'll be drafting patterns based on the Herjolfsnes 61
garment, a child-sized gown from the mid- to late-14th century. Enterprising
folks could probably get all of the information that they need from my
documentation on this outfit, at
http://www.mathildegirlgenius.com/Documentation/KASF2006/InfantOutfit.pdf, but
it's much more fun to get together as a group.

If anybody is interested in swaddling, I will do a demo of that as well, on a
doll, or on Edward if he is willing. :-)

What to bring:

A couple of yards of cheap fabric. Muslin will do fine.
Scissors
Measuring tape
Chalk (or I have pens and markers)
Infant or Toddler - if you want, children are more than welcome. Our house is
baby proofed, although you might get more done if they're not there. :-) My
babies will be there, so we'll be taking nursing breaks, and time for mommy to
get Henry down for a nap, etc.

The following measurements:
Around head
Neck
Shoulder to floor
Chest
Point of shoulder to point of shoulder
Point of shoulder to wrist
Around bicep
Around hand

If you are still pregnant, I can help you with measurements. We're not fitting
that closely anyway.

When: Saturday, January 27th, at 1pm. You can arrive anytime after 12:30, and
we'll start at 1 o'clock sharp!

Where: My house near La Plata, MD. Please email me off-list for directions.

Weather Notice: Our road is a steep hill, so if the weather is looking icy,
either bring a toothbrush, or stay home. Use your best judgment.

Allergy notice: We have dogs, a bird, babies, and archers. If you are allergic
to any, bring your drugs. If you are coming to this workshop, it appears that
you are already prone to catching babies. Archers may be airborne.

Please let me know if you're coming. I already have four people coming, and I'll
cap it if the number becomes unreasonably large. I know what a baby-boom there's
been lately! We'll have a full house, as we're also hosting an activity for our
LH group that afternoon.

Cheers,
Mathilde