[Ponte Alto] Night on the Town event announcement

Sarah Toich barjavel at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 31 06:28:37 PST 2007

------ Forwarded Message
From: TLMcDonough <taramcd at juno.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 14:21:00 GMT
To: <lochmere at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [Lochmere] Night on the Town event announcement

Night on the Town IX: Smeewick under Siege
April 13-15th, 2007
Barony of Lochmere

The early morning mists have just begun to fade.  The scout, low in the
brush, gazes upon the town of Smeewick.  The docks, some still blackened
from the bandit raids the previous Spring, are active again.  The scout
watches closely as goods and merchandise are unloaded quickly from the ships
to a series of warehouses.  If each of those were full, there would be
plenty of provisions to allow his army to push further in to Atlantia.  He
scans the town, trying to see what opposition they would face.  There seems
to be no regulars of the Atlantian army in Smeewick now, but the scout knows
that the townsfolk would be quick to take up arms against any aggressor.  No
Atlantian town had ever been taken without a goodly amount of blood as its
price.  Still, the scout thought, Smeewick had the supplies the army needed.
It would fall, and after that, they would be ready to strike into the heart
of Atlantia.  The scout crawls back down the hill, and mounts his horse.  A
cloud of dust erupts as he heads northward.  Soon, hard eyes will watch as
he proudly reports his findings.  The warlord will summon his commanders and
discussions will go deep into the night.  While some will argue for
immediately moving further into Atlantia, others point out that even with
the unusually warm winter, the army is short on supplies.  In the end, just
as dawn is starting to show, the decision will be that Smeewick must fall
first.  Forces will be marshaled, blades will be made ready, and the shadow
of the north will once again fall on Smeewick.

Martial Activities:  Welcome to Atlantia‚s premiere rapier event. Rapier at
Night on the Town IX will be a day of melees.  You will either defend or
attack the town of Smeewick and the surrounding area. All fighting will be
heavy rapier, with combat archery for certain pre-set scenarios. Due to the
open nature of the fighting, no combat archery will occur outside of these
scenarios. Authorizations are at 9am. Target archery will also be available.

Arts & Sciences Activities: For those who wait in anticipation of the
outcome of the enemies‚ attack, a great fair of artisans will be held in the
village of Smeewick. Teachers in the arts will be present to show interested
citizens about their craft. This is a wonderful chance to "try it before you
buy it". Various arts and sciences will be available during the day to
sample, including illumination techniques, book binding, netting, knitting,
Viking wire knitting, beer tasting and styles, tablet weaving and so much
more. Note that there is no fee associated with participation in this
activity. If you have any questions, please contact Lady Christiana Iarina
Chaikinaia at ccs_meow at yahoo.com.

  Day Trip With Feast Camping/Cabin Additional Fee
Cost: Adult, Member: $13.00 $18.00 $6.00
 Adult, Non-Member: $16.00 $21.00 $6.00
 Child (6-17): $6.00 $11.00 $3.00
 Child (0-5): $0.00   $0.00 $0.00

Site: Elks Camp Barrett, 1001 Chesterfield Rd., Annapolis, MD 21401. Site
opens at 5pm Friday, April 13th and closes at 11am Sunday, April 14th.

Site Restrictions: The site is wet. No pets, other than assistance animals.
Cabins are bunk style and a shower house is nearby. Pavilion camping is
allowed, but we ask no modern tents as cabins are available.

Feast Information: An amazing feast (heavy on the meat) will be prepared by
the illustrious Sir Xenophon Vaughn. Dietary questions should be directed to
kvaughn333 at yahoo.com. Also, lunch will be sold to raise money for the
Baronial Fighter practice.

Merchants are welcome, but please no modern looking structures (i.e. blue
tarps). Send field space requests to the autocrat.

Autocrat: Aryanna Hawkyns (Tara McDonough), 9706 Early Spring Way, Columbia,
MD 21046. (301) 725-0865, email: TaraMcD at juno.com

Reservations: Lady Margery Winterbourne (Sharon Horstman) 8076 Pendragon
Way, Pasadena, MD 21122. (410) 255-6412, email: skhorstman at cablespeed.com.
Checks should be made payable to Barony of Lochmere/SCA Inc.

Directions:

>From the West (in MD): Take the best route to Rt 32 East to I-97 South. From
I-97 take Exit 5, Rt 178/Crownsville. At the light off Rt 32, Rt 178 goes
straight and also goes to the left. Continue straight on Rt 178 South for
approx 1.8 miles. At the light, turn right onto Crownsville Rd. Continue for
approx 1 mile and turn right onto Hawkins Rd (there is a sign for Elks Camp
Barrett). Continue for approx 1.8 miles. At the bottom of the hill, go thru
the stop sign to enter the Camp.
>From the North: Take best route to I-97 South to Exit 5 and follow
directions above for those coming from the West.
>From the South: From the Capital Beltway (I-495), take Exit 19A Rt 50 East
to Exit 23 Rt 450/Parole. Take Rt 450 West and turn left at the light in
front of Annapolis Mall (this is still Rt. 450). Continue approx 2 miles.
Turn right at the light onto Crownsville Rd. After .5 mile there will be a
blue sign for Elks Camp Barrett. Take a left onto Chesterfield Rd and go
approx 1.4 miles. The site is on your left.

Visit the Lochmere homepage!
http://lochmere.atlantia.sca.org/