[Ponte Alto] No advertisement for Blood Bath?

guylestran at aol.com guylestran at aol.com
Fri Feb 23 12:38:40 PST 2007

Greetings Lady Katharine,

I had just thought it worked out well last year and everyone looked like they had fun.

I don't know how long it is to our next event,  but we don't have very many good chances for recruitment.  While Boy/Girl Scout Events, Schools and Library's are all good from a civic point of view, they don't do much to help us get more members (I don't think).

It might be to much for the Barony to Support with the events so close,  but people will have time to recover.

I will try to make Sunday but I don't know if I will be able to.  I do think another short blurb would get us alot of notice.

I guess the real issue is that the SCA as a whole isn't very good at getting new members (though we do have 3-4 new fighters right now at practice), and I saw this as a good chance to get folks.

I am not sure when but I plan on doing a few practices on the weekends at the Mall near the Washington Monument or someplace to see what kind of people the might attract.  It has to be more fun then those people playing kickball out there.  ;).

Sir Guy

Katharine Devereaux <katdevereaux at hotmail.com> wrote:
Greetings Sir Guy,

It is not about the money, it was decided because of the time/energy involved in the event.

This was discussed at both the November Business meeting and the January Business meeting. The consensus at both of these meeting (and those I spoke with outside of the meetings) was that with our other large event 2 weeks before (Tournament of Love & Beauty), it was felt that we would be wearing thin as a group.

If you (or anyone else) is interested in attending this Sunday's Business meeting with a new point of view/ideas, I would love to open this topic of conversation again.

I will have to say that I was not at the event last year and didn't experience the event at all - only had the pleasure of hearing about it on Sunday following the event.

Thank you!

Katharine

Lady Katharine Devereaux
Baronial Seneschal