[Ponte Alto] Support for an indoor site from a non-fighter

Lady Courtney de Houghton courtneydehoughton at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 24 07:13:34 PST 2007

Greetings Barony,

I echo Countess Denise's sentiments in that I would
love an opportunity to have a place to come and bring
my son so we could support Connor as he practiced and
sharpened his skills.  Due to many of the same reasons
Her Excellency lists below, we too don't have time to
do much of what we would like during the week, and a
Sunday place to gather in comfort, while Connor get
get back into a fighting groove can only be a "good
thing".

To that end, I would pledge $100 a month to support
this endeavour, and would be happy to hand a $300
check to Millicent the next time I see her at one of
our lunches.

I hope this, and other donations (both committed and
already received), will help the Financial Committee
agree to this effort as expeditiously as possible so
that the opportunity won't be lost.

Thank you,

Lady Courtney

--- dcadenise at aol.com wrote:

> Greetings to the Barony;
>
> I also support an indoor site on Sundays?during the
> winter months.
>
> ?
>
> One of my most treasured times in the Barony was the
> picnics in the park on Sundays.? These picnics
> occurred once a month during the summer Sunday
> fighter practice, where members of the populace (all
> members were invited-fighters and non-fighters)
> contributed food, drink, or paper products for the
> potluck lunch.? They were a huge success where I was
> able to meet and chat with so many people while
> working on various projects.?
>
> ?
>
> Much has changed since I first joined the SCA.? My
> free spare time during the work week is limited as
> my mundane work week is already packed. I work 50
> hours a week, add a 2-3 daily hour commute, add
> family obligations, ?add school and add other
> various activities that occur during the work week
> and there is little free time to attend any of
> various baronial functions during the week.? There
> are events on weekend; however, most of my time at
> events is usually committed to service for an event.
>

> ?
>
> I guess my point is, I would love the opportunity to
> visit and work on projects during the winter on a
> Sunday afternoon.? ?I would delight in the
> opportunity to get feedback on my current projects
> or converse about other and future projects.? ?
>
> ?
>
> The enjoyment I receive in the SCA is from its great
> people.? I would be delighted to attend such an
> opportunity sponsored by the Barony of Ponte Alto.
>
> ?
>
> In service to the Dream
>
> Countess Denise

          Lady Courtney de Houghton