[Ponte Alto] Support for an indoor site from a non-fighter

dcadenise at aol.com dcadenise at aol.com
Sun Dec 23 19:30:03 PST 2007

Greetings to the Barony;

I also support an indoor site on Sundays?during the winter months.

?

One of my most treasured times in the Barony was the picnics in the park on Sundays.? These picnics occurred once a month during the summer Sunday fighter practice, where members of the populace (all members were invited-fighters and non-fighters) contributed food, drink, or paper products for the potluck lunch.? They were a huge success where I was able to meet and chat with so many people while working on various projects.?

?

Much has changed since I first joined the SCA.? My free spare time during the work week is limited as my mundane work week is already packed. I work 50 hours a week, add a 2-3 daily hour commute, add family obligations, ?add school and add other various activities that occur during the work week and there is little free time to attend any of various baronial functions during the week.? There are events on weekend; however, most of my time at events is usually committed to service for an event.

?

I guess my point is, I would love the opportunity to visit and work on projects during the winter on a Sunday afternoon.? ?I would delight in the opportunity to get feedback on my current projects or converse about other and future projects.? ?

?

The enjoyment I receive in the SCA is from its great people.? I would be delighted to attend such an opportunity sponsored by the Barony of Ponte Alto.

?

In service to the Dream

Countess Denise