[Ponte Alto] Looking for Woolmongers

Kristin snarlingbadger at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 07:38:33 PST 2007

Copper Moose (http://www.coppermoose.com) has great commercial top in a wide variety of colors and some variety in breeds (most is Colonial, which has a nice feel and isn't too slippery). R H Lindsey has a good selection, I've heard great things about them, but haven't bought anything there myself.

My favorite place to shop for fiber is Sheep Street Fibers, which is in Indiana (a few hours from where I used to live). They are fantastic people, and have a website http://www.sheepstreet.com but I've not ordered anything from them online. They raise Shetland sheep, offer fleeces of several different breeds, and have dyed and blended rovings, tops, silk hankies, etc.

The hardest thing about ordering online is not being able to touch the fiber before you buy it, and for me, it's such a tactile art.

I highly recommend starting a spinner's notebook, with samples of unspun and spun fiber, notes of preparation, where purchased, projects, etc. I should have done this when I started. Heck, I still should, it's just a much bigger project now, after 8 years or so of spinning.

~Bevin

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T