[Ponte Alto] Proper Procedures for Financial Commitments

Robert Capozello afpopa at cox.net
Mon Dec 24 03:05:20 PST 2007

While We do think this is a very worthy idea, the Barony has policies
and procedures in place to deal with this sort of situation (which our
Baronial Exchequer has already explained).  Trying to force this through
the Emergency Financial Committee is *not* the proper way to do this.

What you are seeking to do is akin to running an event - i.e. expecting
the Barony to be financially responsible for a obtaining a site, and
expecting to be reimbursed by collection of a "site fee".  Your original
proposal would have the Barony aquiring a financial liability of over
$1,500.  This is more than the budget for most events we have run.
Every event we run, from its initial conception onward, has to be
approved by the Barony, not just the Emergency Financial Committee.
Please do bring your proposal to the Baronial business meeting so that
it can be discussed and dealt with in the proper forum.

Yours in Service,

Marcellus Capoziello da Napoli and Belphoebe de Givet
Baron and Baroness of Ponte Alto