[Ponte Alto] *FOR* the Indoor Sunday Practice.

Max Nelson maxntropy at worldnet.att.net
Sun Dec 23 23:00:36 PST 2007

As I count (see below for summary of the tally), we have gotten 22
with at least half of those (ten) also pledging to commit necessary
financial support including up-front funding if necessary (e.g.,
Agnes' $200 commitment, Sir Guy's $100/month commitment, etc...).

There has not been a single vote against the proposal -- although
there have been two posts that were neither explicitly pro nor con,
but instead questioned the financial commitment/risk of the Barony and
the certainty of the fighter "promises", questioned the need for
immediate action by the Emergency committee, and/or that had questions
about particulars of donation collection and disbursement to the
Exchequer.   Though these issues were addressed in later posts, the
impact on the two indeterminate votes has not been clear.

One of the "For" votes also questioned the need for immediate action
by the Emergency committee.  As stated, this issue was addressed in a
subsequent post, but the impact on the questioner has also not yet
been clear in terms of minimizing their concerns regarding the need
for expedient action.

Thus, in the three or so days since the issue has been posted, I
believe the support has been quite overwhelmingly positive -- 20 out
of 22 responses aggressively "pro" with 50% of those even willing to
commit financial support to the opportunity, and with no "con" votes
and only 2 posts concerned about some of the mechanics (whose points,
I believe, have been subsequently addressed).

While I am certain (and I personally hope) that other members of the
Barony will join the vote and add their voices to our discussion, I
believe this provides quite ample evidence both of the need for
Emergency Committee action and of the support of the populace to that
Committee.

I urge the Emergency Committee to address this matter with prompt
attention so that we can act before we lose the opportunity to have
the site for January and, consequently, lose much of the momentum and
capabilities that many have worked to build.

In Service,

Baron Max Von Halstern

Mistress Cunen - For (Committed to provide necessary financial support)
Countess Denise - For
Sian - For
Agnes - For (and willing to pledge $200 Commitment)
Millicent - For (but not until February given questions about need for
immediacy/Emergency action)
Katherina - For
Mistress Anne - ?? (questions about financial commitment/risk of
Barony and fighter "promises" and donation collection)
Master Kevin of Thornbury - For
Sir Guy - For ($100/month commitment)
Mistress Greta - ?? (questions about financial commitment/risk of
Barony and fighter "promises" and need for immediacy/Emergency action)
Iohanna - For (Artisans Row?)
Peronnelle - For
Sir Strykar - For (Committed to provide necessary financial support)
Sir Thomas - For (Committed to pledge $920 up-front if necessary)
Sir Brian - For (Committed to provide necessary financial support)
Sir Michael - For (Committed to provide necessary financial support)
Sir Grethferth - For (Committed to provide necessary financial support)
Baron Max - For (Commitment to split financial liability equally w/Sir
Thomas if necessary)
Gunnar - For (Committed to provide necessary financial support)
Marie-Therese - For
Jurgen - For
Connor - For