[Ponte Alto] The indoor site proposal

thrid at aol.com thrid at aol.com
Sun Dec 23 16:20:34 PST 2007

To All,

It was my understanding the emergency committee?is designed?to make decisions in an expedient time frame... not just for dealing with crises.

Certainly, the situation we are facing is one in which an expedient decision is optimal.? The fighters of the Barony have had two practices a week for quite some time, however Sunday practices - due to weather - have been sporadic and nonexistent during the depth of Winter.? An indoor Sunday site is, therefore, not a "Bonus" so much as a means to maintain the schedule and momentum which we have had and are developing.

Without an expedient decision by the Emergency Committee, we will lose the opportunity to maintain this schedule and momentum throughout the entire month of January and will have to start anew if and when we ever do find an indoor site or practices recommence at the end of Winter.

If this does not qualify as a decision requiring expedient action by the Emergency Committee, then I'm not quite sure what does.? Just as if a Kingdom-level event opportunity had made itself available to the Barony and required expedient response, so to has this opportunity developed in a very time-restricted manner that likewise requires expedient response.? And just as if a competent committee wishing to run that Kingdom-level event had expressed its expedient need to the Emergency Committee, so to have the "Committee" of fighters come to the Barony seeking similar approval.

This quite experienced Committee of Senior Fighters (since supplemented by additional commitments - both financial and temporal) has tried to layout the need, the necessity for expedient action, the specific costs, the significant and broad potential benefits to the Barony, and has even made itself liable for a significant fraction of those costs to minimize the Baronial risk.

I again hope that this helps frame the need for the decision and the need for the timely action of the Emergency Committee.

We are seeking the broad approval of the Barony as a whole through this list to help the Emergency Committee in understanding the desires of the populace on this opportunity -- and so that they might quickly act to take advantage of it.

Thomas of Calais