[Ponte Alto] The indoor site proposal

Lady Millicent Chandler millicent.chandler at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 13:13:58 PST 2007

Greetings to the Barony of Ponte Alto,

I think the proposal for using the Lemon Road Elementary School for
Sunday gatherings is a fantastic idea and I hope that the members of
the Barony decide to take advantage of this opportunity. I urge the
Baronial members who proposed this activity two days ago to bring an
official proposal to the January 27, 2008 business meeting so that the
Barony can take a financial vote. (Be sure to bring your membership
card as only paid SCA members over the age of 18 are allowed to vote
on finances per Baronial Financial Policy.)

The Emergency Financial Committee votes for expenditures when there is
an immediate need for capital. For example: we ran out of paint while
painting the list fence last year and took a quick vote to approve
more money so that the fence wouldn't go back into storage half done.
Another example would be if we lost an event site shortly before an
event and needed to approve funding for another site. We currently
have a practice space for Thursday nights which does not appear to be
going away. This proposed Sunday practice is a bonus and, as such,
does not constitute an emergency.

I may appear a killjoy; however, I have a responsibility for looking
after the Barony's financial well-being and I must follow certain
rules for approving expenditures. Again, I urge the members who
brought this offer to the Barony to please bring a proposal to next
month's business meeting so that the Barony can vote upon it then.

In service,

Lady Millicent Chandler
Chancellor of the Exchequer