[Ponte Alto] Please Read! Another Possible Indoor Site For Baronial Activities

ladykatharina at verizon.net ladykatharina at verizon.net
Fri Dec 21 12:53:09 PST 2007

Greetings unto the Populace!

The Barony has been offered an excellent opportunity by the generous folks at the Lemon Road Elementary School to make that site available to the Barony for any Sunday afternoon activities we might be interested in having weekly during the Winter.

As we hope many of you know, our weekly fighting practices have become increasingly attended and the Barony has been taking an increasingly important role in the Northern Region Army – in fact, at Kingdom Crusades, the Baronial fighting unit formed the bulwark of the Northern Army contingent.

We would like to take the opportunity afforded by the Lemon Road school’s offer to continue our ability to train the Baronial fighters and melee unit throughout the Winter and to even potentially offer our indoor site to the greater Northern Army for some practices during the Winter.  Naturally, we would also like to have the broader Baronial community take advantage of the School’s offer, as well, and would like to have the dancing, fencing, chorale and other active communities take part in the facilities offered.

Thus, the fighters of the heavy weapons practice would like to propose to the barony that the school facilities at Lemon Road Elementary School be rented on Sundays for an 8 to 12 week period (depending on interest and weather) in order to begin melee training.  The cost would be approximately $130 a week for a 4 hour period (the shortest available). The fighters have agreed to pay a significant portion of the expenses by themselves providing a $5.00 "donation" each per week for the use. We are figuring we will have about 10-14 fighters per week in the beginning but believe interest might grow outside the barony after word gets out.

What we are asking the Barony to consider is, to pay up to half the expense of the facility.  If we get enough fighters and or others showing up, the cost to the barony would be less. If too few fighters show up, a group of the senior fighters and knights will cover the short fall.

As mentioned, we sincerely wish to open the site to other activities, i.e. dance, fencing, etc.  The gym has a stage area just off the main floor which would be suitable to a variety of activities.  This site could also be used for a newcomers’ event.  Various interest groups witin the barony can meet and greet newcomers and display their activity.

We need to make a decision immediately, so we are calling for a discussion on this list leading to immediate action by the Barony so we may let the School know of our decision and, hopefully, begin taking advantage of their generous offer for the significant benefit of our Barony.

In service and gratitude,

Sir Strykar
Mistress Cunen
Sir Thomas