[Ponte Alto] Fwd: [MR] Tentative Dance List for Masked Ball at Twelfth Night

Mary Bowles mariatheresapontoon at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 10 06:49:58 PST 2007

Argh! We've got to learn to dance now.

  Marie-Therese :)

Brian Sidlauskas <bsidlauskas at gmail.com> wrote:
  Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2007 15:56:25 -0500
From: Brian Sidlauskas <bsidlauskas at gmail.com>
To: atlantia at atlantia.sca.org
Subject: [MR] Tentative Dance List for Masked Ball at Twelfth Night

Dear Friends,

I'm been asked by the canton of Salisberie Glen to organize the Masked
Ball at Atlantian Twelfth night, which is upcoming on January 12. I'm
considering including the dances that appear below, but as I am a
relative newcomer to the kingdom, I am not certain which dances are
popular in various reaches of Atlantia. I think that this is a fun list
with a good mix of genres and complexities, but I'm interested in your
feedback.

What am I leaving out that you would want to dance? What's popular
elsewhere in the kingdom that I might not teach down here in
Windmasters' Hill? Do you like some of the alternates more than the
dances that appear on the primary list? Do you have any other
suggestions or comments?

Thanks for all of your input.

In Service and Song,

-- Galeran Chanterel

Tentative Dance List for Twelfth Night

Set One
1. Official Bransle
2. Pavane and Galliard “Belle Qui”
3. Black Nag
4. Amoroso
5. Gathering Peascods
6. La Dance des Cleves
7. Heart’s Ease / Rufty Tufty
8. Petits Vriens (Little Nothings)

Set Two
9. Ballo del Fiore (The Dance of Flowers)
10. Turkish Bransle (SCA Maltese)
11. Chestnut
12. Black Alman
13. Rostiboli Gioioso
14. Bransle Charlotte
15. Ly Bens Dystonis
16. Sellenger’s Round

Set Three
17. Horse’s Bransle
18. Lauro
19. Parson’s Farewell
20. Lorayne Alman
21. Gelosia (Jealousy)
22. Scottish Bransle
23. Gracca Amorosa
24. My Lady Cullen

Other possibilities: Montarde Bransle, Picking of Sticks, Bizzaria
d’Amore, Il Piantone, Pease Bransle, Washerwoman’s Bransle, Madam
Sosilia’s Alman, Tinternell, Quen Quer Que, Dargason, Jenny Pluck Pears,
Villanella

Please note that there are a few popular dances that I've left off the
list due to their originating well outside of the SCA's time frame (e.g.
Hole in the Wall, Femayle Sailor, Trenchmore and Korobushka). Opinion
about whether to include those dances will vary; I'd prefer to not open
a big discussion on that issue at this time.